Permission on View creation

Post by Ken Cha » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Dear all

Is there any way to give a user only create and delete 'view' permission
without including him as a member of db_ddladmin?

Thanks in advance.
Ken

Permission on View creation

Post by Tibor Karasz » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Ken,

GRANT CREATE VIEW TO .....

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
FAQ at: http://www.sql-server.co.uk/frmMain.asp

> Dear all

> Is there any way to give a user only create and delete 'view' permission
> without including him as a member of db_ddladmin?

> Thanks in advance.
> Ken

Permission on View creation

Post by Ken Cha » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Thanks.

One more question.  If there is two people are able to create a view and
there is about 200 peopel will use any view created by them, how could I fix
an ownership of the view created by them (i.e. super.view1, super.view2)

Regards
Ken

> Ken,

> GRANT CREATE VIEW TO .....

> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> Please reply to the newsgroup only, not by email.
> FAQ at: http://www.sql-server.co.uk/frmMain.asp

Quote:> > Dear all

> > Is there any way to give a user only create and delete 'view' permission
> > without including him as a member of db_ddladmin?

> > Thanks in advance.
> > Ken

Permission on View creation

Post by Bob Pfeif » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

You can use the sp_changeobjectowner stored procedure to change ownership.
You might want your view creators to explicitly specify dbo as the owner
when they create views like:

CREATE VIEW dbo.someview
as

Permission on View creation

Post by Ken Cha » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Bob

But my view creators are not member of db_owner or db_securityadmin.  What
should I do?

Regards
Ken

Quote:> You can use the sp_changeobjectowner stored procedure to change ownership.
> You might want your view creators to explicitly specify dbo as the owner
> when they create views like:

> CREATE VIEW dbo.someview
> as

1. default file creation permissions for udump files

I need a way to change the default file creation permissions of udump
files (the file created by the trace).

Currently they get created with the permission flags of "-rw-r-----" I
would like it be created with permission like "-rw-r--r--" or better.

Oracle version 8.0
OS: Sun

Thanks,

Alok

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Using a SQL - SELECT statement as the data source for a report. How?

3. database creation permissions

4. sp_spaceused with negative numbers?

5. database creation permission

6. Implementing minimal password security

7. View Creation

8. How to install a font

9. View Creation Q

10. PBM: SQL Svr 7 Enterprise Manager truncates long views when opened Creation mode

11. View Creation Using Access Data Project

12. Newbie Question on View creation

13. View creation -- duplicate column values