Upgrading from Evaluation Editons

Post by Eddie Gibso » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 03:27:17

We are currently running Sql Server 2000 Std in Evaluation
mode as we are looking to upgrade from Sql 7.  We have now
purchased a license, and we are not sure what the
procedure is to upgrade to a license copy.  Hopefully it
is not the same answer as I received on some other eval
versions which needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled.

Please Advise

Thanks

Eddie

Upgrading from Evaluation Editons

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 03:52:58

Here's what MS says:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281574

--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

We are currently running Sql Server 2000 Std in Evaluation
mode as we are looking to upgrade from Sql 7.  We have now
purchased a license, and we are not sure what the
procedure is to upgrade to a license copy.  Hopefully it
is not the same answer as I received on some other eval
versions which needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled.

Please Advise

Thanks

Eddie

1. Upgrading MSDE 1.0 (7.0) to Standard Editon of SQL Server 2000

When I upgrade a machine that has MSDE 1.0 (7.0) to the
Standard Editon of SQL Server 2000, I do not get any of
tools (Query Analyzer, Profiler, Enterprise Manager)
after the install.
The install suceeds with no errors. The version is the
correct version after the upgrade to the Standard Editon
of SQL Server 2000.
I tried it several times on different machines.
I made sure that I checked the following during the
Upgrade:
1. Upgrade,remove, or add components to an existing
instance of SQL Server.
2. Upgrade your existing installation
3. Yes, Upgrade my SQL Server Tools and data.

Any ideas why I am not getting the tools after the
install?
Thanks for your help.

Daniel

2. Unloading tables in FourGen Enterprise

3. SQL 7.0 upgrade from Evaluation copy...

4. New theories on how we are artificial intelligence.

5. License Upgrade of Evaluation version

6. SP behaves as if ANSI null is on

7. Upgrading SQL 7 120 DAy Evaluation version to full product

8. VB3 to VB4 'error': "Type mismatch"

9. Upgrading Evaluation edition

10. How to upgrade from Evaluation to Developers version?

11. Problem in upgrading expired SQL 2000 Evaluation Edition to SQL 2000 Developer Edition

12. upgrading an evaluation version

13. upgrading SQL7 evaluation to standard version ... please help