xpsql.cpp: error 5 from CreateProcess on line 675 - Help Please

xpsql.cpp: error 5 from CreateProcess on line 675 - Help Please

Post by Bob leighfiel » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:37:23

At work we have a stored procedure that takes selected data from a job
record and turns it into an electronic invoice ( a text file), to be
sent via an EDI mechanism. The file is just created and placed in a
folder on the network.

The extract has worked ok for 18 months but all of a sudden it has
started failing with the following error in the grid..

Result - use development1 set con
batchis:985
Msg 50001, level 1, state 50001
xpsql.cpp: error 5 from CreateProcess on line 675

Lines 3 & 4 then repeat approx 300 times for this particular batch
number

The error appears for any procedure that selects data in a similar
manner so I don't think it's related to the specific stored procedure. I
am not aware of anyone making changes to any of the database settings.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Bob

xpsql.cpp: error 5 from CreateProcess on line 675 - Help Please

Post by Jacco Schalkwij » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:38:28

All error messages with an error number of 50000 or higher are user defined
error messages, so I'm afraid you will have to dig in your stored procedure
code to find the source of the error. Look for RAISERROR (50001,....

Quote:

> At work we have a stored procedure that takes selected data from a job
> record and turns it into an electronic invoice ( a text file), to be
> sent via an EDI mechanism. The file is just created and placed in a
> folder on the network.

> The extract has worked ok for 18 months but all of a sudden it has
> started failing with the following error in the grid..

> Result - use development1 set con
> batchis:985
> Msg 50001, level 1, state 50001
> xpsql.cpp: error 5 from CreateProcess on line 675

> Lines 3 & 4 then repeat approx 300 times for this particular batch
> number

> The error appears for any procedure that selects data in a similar
> manner so I don't think it's related to the specific stored procedure. I
> am not aware of anyone making changes to any of the database settings.

> Can anyone help?

> Thanks

> Bob

xpsql.cpp: error 5 from CreateProcess on line 675 - Help Please

Post by Gert E.R. Draper » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 05:45:09

Error 5 is Access Denied, so CreateProcess of the command you passed to
xp_cmdshell is failing.

What are you passing as the command?
What is the security context of the SQL Server service? Does this context
have the correct right to execute the command you want executed?

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
You assume all risk for your use.
Copyright ? SQLDev.Net 1991-2003 All rights reserved.

Quote:

> At work we have a stored procedure that takes selected data from a job
> record and turns it into an electronic invoice ( a text file), to be
> sent via an EDI mechanism. The file is just created and placed in a
> folder on the network.

> The extract has worked ok for 18 months but all of a sudden it has
> started failing with the following error in the grid..

> Result - use development1 set con
> batchis:985
> Msg 50001, level 1, state 50001
> xpsql.cpp: error 5 from CreateProcess on line 675

> Lines 3 & 4 then repeat approx 300 times for this particular batch
> number

> The error appears for any procedure that selects data in a similar
> manner so I don't think it's related to the specific stored procedure. I
> am not aware of anyone making changes to any of the database settings.

> Can anyone help?

> Thanks

> Bob

1. xpsql.cpp: Error 997 from GetProxyAccount on line 472

I recently posted a message querying for help creating a file from SQL
Server 2000 that did not use xp_cmdshell because of securty issues. As a
first approach, and not taking care of it, I have granted public group to
execute xp_cmdshell so that they could do:

I thought that granting execution rights to that XP would be enough, but it
seems it is not. Now, everytime a user (not administrator) tries to execute
that XP they get the following error:

xpsql.cpp: Error 997 from GetProxyAccount on line 472

What should I do to allow my users execute that XP and hence, be able to
write out a simple text file ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Shrink Log File

3. [ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]xpsql.cpp: Error 87 from GetProxyAccount on line 604

4. Locked Table

5. HELP - xpsql.cpp: Error 87 from GetProxyAccount

6. ODBC Timeout expired Error

7. xpcmdshell - xpsql.c: Error 5 from CreateProcess...

8. OS Help!!!

9. Help Error 675 on stored procedure.

10. xpsql.cpp: Error 997 from GetProxyAccount

11. xpsql.cpp Error 997 from Get Proxy Account

12. error on xp_cmdshell (xpsql.cpp)

13. urgent - xpsql.cpp logonuserW error