Relationship Diagrams

Post by com.objec » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:16:41

I am using SQL SERVER DESKTOP ENGINE with Access 2002.  I am pretty new to
db design, so here is the dumb question.  Why does SQL have the ability to
create more than one relation ship diagram.  I understand plain Access has
only one.  Any clues would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

regards,

com.object

Relationship Diagrams

Post by Sue Hoegemeie » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:13:22

If you have a few hundred tables, you may want diagrams for
just certain tables or those related to just some certain
business elements or processes in the database.

-Sue

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 03:16:41 GMT, "com.object"

>I am using SQL SERVER DESKTOP ENGINE with Access 2002.  I am pretty new to
>db design, so here is the dumb question.  Why does SQL have the ability to
>create more than one relation ship diagram.  I understand plain Access has
>only one.  Any clues would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

>regards,

>com.object

Relationship Diagrams

Post by com.objec » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:41:36

Thanks, I suspected this but was not sure.

> If you have a few hundred tables, you may want diagrams for
> just certain tables or those related to just some certain
> business elements or processes in the database.

> -Sue

> On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 03:16:41 GMT, "com.object"

> >I am using SQL SERVER DESKTOP ENGINE with Access 2002.  I am pretty new
> >db design, so here is the dumb question.  Why does SQL have the ability
> >create more than one relation ship diagram.  I understand plain Access
has
> >only one.  Any clues would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

> >regards,

> >com.object

1. visual relationship diagram

Is there a program that can work with SQL Server to display a table
relationship diagram like exists in Access?  I have links to all the ms-sql
tables in an Access database (where there also exist some forms), but it
can't seem to keep track of the relationships -- if I create them and close
the window, they get lost.  It would be very helpful to have a graphical
display of the tables when discussing the database layout with my coworkers.

Scott Dellinger
Network Technician
CampusNet
JMU Technical Services

2. Upgrading EA Server 3.6.1. from SBE to AE

3. Entity Relationship Diagram help

4. ISBN for book

5. export a table relationship diagram

6. 18457-PA-HARRISBURG-Client/Server-Accounting Applications-Systems Re-engineering Analyst

7. Database relationship diagrams

8. Problem distributing VB/Database App

9. System Tables relationship diagrams, MS SQL 2000

10. Relationship Diagram

11. Get Relationship Diagram from one db to another?

12. Exporting SQL Database Relationship diagram

13. ENTITY RELATIONSHIP DIAGRAM DRAWING TOOL