MTS, IIS and SQL Server licence issues

Post by Arnar Freyr Guemundsso » Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello all,

two questions concerning IIS4 and MTS.

a) If I have an intranet IIS4 application that connects to SQL Server 6.5
through an DOMAIN\IUSR_account do I need to buy a Internet connecting
licence for SQL Server?

b) Say I have an MTS2 object that runs under a specific DOMAIN\MTS_account,
mulitiple users whithin my organisation then have an applications that uses
this MTS object.  If my SQL Server is set to 'per seat' mode do I need
licences for every user using the MTS object or one licence for the MTS
user?

Thanks,
    Arnar Freyr Guemundsson
    Central Bank of Iceland

1. MTS, IIS and SQL Server licence issues

Hello all,

I have two questions concerning IIS and MTS:

a) If I have an intranet IIS4 application that connects to SQL Server 6.5
through an DOMAIN\IUSR_account do I need to buy a Internet connecting
licence for SQL Server?

b) Say I have an MTS2 object that runs under a specific DOMAIN\MTS_account,
mulitiple users whithin my organisation then have an applications that uses
this MTS object.  If my SQL Server is set to 'per seat' mode do I need
licences for every user using the MTS object or one licence for the MTS
user?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Arnar Freyr

2. How to change the database location for Crystal Report Designer w/ code?

3. IIS, SQL Server and MTS application question

4. ADOX-How to delete MSAccess Relationships?

5. MTS, SQL, Site Server, IIS

6. Multiple Oracle Job Openings

7. Issuing ROLLBACK command from SQL Server using MTS

8. IIS Virtual Directoary Management for SQL Server on remote vs local IIS Web Server

9. Which group for SQL Server and MTS Questions (mostly MTS)

10. IL-CHICAGO-220421--ORACLE-SQL-ASP-Java-HTML-IIS-MTS-Perl-Web DBA

11. SQL 7.0 + MTS + MSMQ + IIS

12. First Time Installing IIS, MTS, MSMQ, SQL