DB-Library Error, SqlSrv process dye when executing extended-stored-procs

DB-Library Error, SqlSrv process dye when executing extended-stored-procs

Post by Luca Menegu » Tue, 14 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

I've written an ext-stored-procs to interface SQL SRV 6.5 with Crystal
Reports For VC++ (ver 4.5.1.2). I use it to produce HTML and graphical
reports from my queries. You call it providing it with the name of a
crystal report file containing info on the report, the output filename,
and the type of file u want to produce (HTML, CSV etc.).
I always worked fine till I started to use it in a while cycle. It's
called about 60 times within the same batch (Standard Transact-Sql
launched from ISQL/W), It executes fine 40-50 times, produces the
required reports but then hangs: the "DB-Library Process Dead -
Connection Broken" messages appears, and sometimes even the SQLsrv
procs dyes.
I used the standard ODS interface (Microsoft Open Data Services (ODS)
) to build the extended stored proc. Cut'n'pasted examples' code  and
integrated with code of my own ( connection  to the CR DLL) to biuld the
app.

Is it a bug or is it my fault?????

It seems like something gets too stressed... and crash...
Any suggestion???

Thankx in advance...

Luca Menegus

1. Writing and Extended Stored Procedure using Db-Library?

Gang

I am getting mixed signals from the OCT 2002 MSDN. I am writing an Extended
Stored Procedure (ESP) that will run
under SQL 2000. I am writing it in C++. I need to load some large tables
into ram (they represent matricies).

The Oct 2002 MSDN explicitly says that no future versions of SQL Server will
include the the files needed to use
the DB-Library api.

However, the two code samples for ESP's use DB-Library and ODBC. Can anyone
say with any certainty which
I/O abstraction we are supposed to use? Is it ADO? OLEDB?

A google search will show that there aren't many people in general who are
writing ESP's. SQL 2000 is delivered
with many ESP's. Which API does Microsoft use when they need to do I/O to
SQL 2000?

Bob

2. jdbc help

3. extended stored procedure and db-library

4. SBT Pro 6 / SQL DTS

5. DB-Library: Login incorrect. In stored procedure executing

6. Help with licencing

7. Can DB-Library execute Stored Procedures??

8. Plugin Question

9. DB-Library error 10040: DB-Library network communication layer not loaded

10. random DB-Library error when executing sp from ISQL

11. SQL Server 6.5 Error: DB-Library Process Dead - Connection Broken

12. ERROR:DB-Library Process Dead - Connection Broken

13. Odd Error: DB-Library Process Dead - Connection Broken