WebHosting MSSQL Help!

Post by Felix Leun » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

MSSQL is another chooice for client to use in
my web hosting site. I have experience on installing
, developing, implementing, and supporting SQL server,
but I have no idea what minimum access to give to
my clients to let them have to ability to manage the
SQL database. What I am thinking about the step to
do so is:
1.) Create database named ex.ABC from hosting side.
2.) Assign the NT account attached to it, let say Ken and Sean.
3.) Give the permission to both of them have database owner.
4.) Give the IP address of my SQL Server to them.
5.) Then they use their SQL server software to connect to my
SQL server using the provided IP.
6.) Setting up the ODBC
7.) Done.
Is it this is the perfect method of doing SQL hosting?
Please Correct me if I am wrong, please.

--
Felix Leung
Intelliweb Internet Consultant Co.

WebHosting MSSQL Help!

Post by Mark Nguye » Sat, 09 Oct 1999 04:00:00

That would work.  Although you would not need to create an ODBC Setup.  I
would also consider using SQL login rather then NT login if you want to
limit access only to the SQL Server.

--
Mark Nguyen MCSE

Quote:> MSSQL is another chooice for client to use in
> my web hosting site. I have experience on installing
> , developing, implementing, and supporting SQL server,
> but I have no idea what minimum access to give to
> my clients to let them have to ability to manage the
> SQL database. What I am thinking about the step to
> do so is:
> 1.) Create database named ex.ABC from hosting side.
> 2.) Assign the NT account attached to it, let say Ken and Sean.
> 3.) Give the permission to both of them have database owner.
> 4.) Give the IP address of my SQL Server to them.
> 5.) Then they use their SQL server software to connect to my
> SQL server using the provided IP.
> 6.) Setting up the ODBC
> 7.) Done.
> Is it this is the perfect method of doing SQL hosting?
> Please Correct me if I am wrong, please.

> --
> Felix Leung
> Intelliweb Internet Consultant Co.
> www.intelliweb.com.hk

1. WebHosting MSSQL, Help!

[...]

2. Pdox4.5 - Running a query in CoEdit mode

3. WebHosting MSSQL Help!

4. internal nt error

5. 951 error while doing oninit -iv,Urgent...

6. WebHosting HELP!

7. Oracle DBA needed in Des Moines, Iowa

8. WebHosting HELP

9. WebHosting HELP!

10. Webhosting ISP in Northern Cal?

11. Database server and webhosting