SQL 6.5 Master DB restore

Post by Curtis Bouknigh » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 01:18:41

When attempting to restore my MASTER db, i get the following error after a
couple of minutes:

DB-Library: Unexpected EOF from SQL Server.  Connection broken.
Net-Library error 109: ConnectionCheckForData (PeekNamedPipe()).

DB-Library Process Dead - Connection Broken

I'm doing the restore exactly as outlined in SQL 6.5 BOL.

Any Ideas?

Curtis

SQL 6.5 Master DB restore

Post by Randy Rabi » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 04:04:10

Curtis,

I believe this is normal behavior. SQL Server automatically shuts itself
down as soon as the restore is finished. The error you're getting is because
of the unexpected (from the client side) dropped connection, but the master
database should have restored properly (you can verify this by checking the
error log, tables in master, etc.)

Randy Rabin
ChannelAdvisor Corp.

Quote:> When attempting to restore my MASTER db, i get the following error after a
> couple of minutes:

> DB-Library: Unexpected EOF from SQL Server.  Connection broken.
> Net-Library error 109: ConnectionCheckForData (PeekNamedPipe()).

> DB-Library Process Dead - Connection Broken

> I'm doing the restore exactly as outlined in SQL 6.5 BOL.

> Any Ideas?

> Curtis

1. SQL 6.5 DB Restoring vs SQL 7.0 DB Restoring

In MS SQL 6.5, when restoring a database to another server that had expanded
more than once, you had to execute the stored procedure
"sp_help_revdatabase" to ensure that the page sizes were the same.

However, in MS SQL 7.0, the stored procedure "sp_help_revdatabase" is only
included for backward compatibility.

Can I restore a MS SQL 7.0 DB from one server to another server even if the
file sizes of the databases do not match?

Thanks,
Michael

2. Use of automatic clock setting programs on NT servers with SQL server

3. cannot restore sql 6.5 master db

4. Compute?

5. Restore Master DB to db other than Master?

6. Oracle data-types list?

7. Restore 6.5 master database 6.5

8. From Access to SQL

9. Master Database Restore in SQL Server 6.5

10. Load (restore) SQL 6.5 backup with no master

11. Backup/Restore Master database on SQL 6.5

12. SQL Server 6.5 - Master database Restore 3403 Error

13. sql 6.5 db dump - restore into sql 2000 Server