Urgent: SQL CE Custom conflict resolver

Post by Prasanna Ekanayak » Wed, 14 May 2003 18:35:36

Hi

We are using merge replication to synchronize data between the Central SQL
Server 2000 and mobile clinets running SQL Server CE. While replicating
conflicts occur and non of the standard conflict resolvers coming with SQL
Server 2000 suit our requirement. I have tried writing custom conflict
resolvers but since I can't locate the destination DB (Mobile SQL Server CE
DB) I can't write the appropriate changes to the destination DB. We need
urgent help to sort this issue. Any information or helpful pointers are even
welcome.

I added this question to a couple of news groups including this but I haven'
t received any response and I'm even wondering if this is possible.

Thanks in Advanced

Prasanna.

Urgent: SQL CE Custom conflict resolver

Post by Michael Hote » Thu, 15 May 2003 14:03:57

What are your resolution criteria?  I've never needed to use anything except
priority based resolution, let alone having to design something that isn't
already in the box.

--

Mike
Principal Mentor

Urgent: SQL CE Custom conflict resolver

Post by Prasanna Ekanayak » Tue, 20 May 2003 14:40:02

Hi

Our resolver criteria is, if Column A is not null the subscriber wins, else
the publisher wins. All columns can be changed by both the publisher and the
subscriber. Since column level conflict tracking doesn't work for SQL CE
subscribers, in some cases we need to write custom resolvers as well. So if
you could please send some information on how to write a custom conflict
resolver to support SQL CE subscribers it would be a great help.

Thanks for the speedy reply and hope you could help us further. Thanks in
advance.

Prasanna.

Quote:> What are your resolution criteria?  I've never needed to use anything
except
> priority based resolution, let alone having to design something that isn't
> already in the box.

> --

> Mike
> Principal Mentor
> Solid Quality Learning
> "More than just Training"
> SQL Server MVP
> http://www.solidqualitylearning.com
> http://www.mssqlserver.com

1. Custom conflict resolver for SQL CE

Hello all,

I am working on a custom conflict resolver for a project that is using
replication between SQL Server 2000 and SQL CE 2.0.  We have written a
stored procedure for the conflict resolver, in which we need to access
the SQL CE subscriber, so we can compare the data on the publisher
versus the data on the subscriber.

My question is: how do I create a linked server to the SQL CE
subscriber, so the stored procedure can access it?  Is this even
possible?  If so, what server type should I specify for the linked
server?  I do not see SQL CE in the list of data source types for the
linked server.

Thanks,

Steve Johnston

2. Tableframes. Success at last!

3. Custom Conflict resolver for SQL Server CE subscribers

4. MIDDLEWARE: CLIENT/SERVER where is the SERVER

5. Custom Resolver for DELETE conflicts?

6. Full text search in a file system

7. Custom Stored Procedure Conflict Resolver

8. After 7.0 upgrade problem

9. Merge replication conflict resolver custom stored proc.

10. SP Custom Conflict Resolver Not Called For Deletes

11. Custom SP Conflict Resolver

12. Custom Conflict Resolver

13. custom resolver script from SQL samples