How do you turn off Prepare Stored Proc with MDAC 2.1 to SQL 7

How do you turn off Prepare Stored Proc with MDAC 2.1 to SQL 7

Post by PolarCla » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to turn off the use of ODBC Stored Procedures to
prepare statements to run against SQL 7 using MDAC 2.1?  This is possible
under using earlier versions of the products but not with this combination.
This is the only way I have found to get MS Access to send the query to the
server instead of trying to resolve the query it self.  Without being able
to turn this off, MS Access just crawls or times out especially with queries
with several joins over large tables.  Executing the same query directly on
SQL server nets an almost immediate result.

SQL Database Administrator

1. How can I explicitly turn off logging (to tempdb) inside a stored proc

I need to be able to be able to suspend logging against tempdb while in the
middle of a stored proc.  I send large amounts of data into a temp table and
do not need transactionability against that data.

Any pointers?

Thanks.

Larry Kippenhan

Please respond to the newgroup.

2. MS SQL Server 7 and "uniqueidentity"-type columns

3. HELP: MDAC 2.1 and MDAC 2.5

4. Need Assitance

5. MDAC 2.1 to MDAC 2.0

6. Close a vfp application

7. MDAC 2.6 on the Server and MDAC 2.1 on the Client - Big Problems

8. Oracle Interner Directory

9. MDAC 2.0 & 2.1 V MDAC 1.5

10. MDAC 2.0 Vs MDAC 2.1 - Compatibility Issues.

11. ODBC Drive returns records using MDAC 2.0 but not MDAC 2.1 SP 2

12. MDAC 2.6 on the Server and MDAC 2.1 on the Client - Big Problems