SQL Mail: mail sent but not devlivery

Post by Clint Herrin » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 22:49:08

Did you assign a domain login to the SQL Server service
statup account (& SQL Agent)? Then did you create the MAPI
profile while logged onto the server console using this
domain account? This account must also have an Exchange
mail box or have permissions to use a mail box.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>hi all,
>   I got a trouble problem about the SQM Mail function. I
>setup the MAPI profile in WINNT4.0 already. And I can
send
>and received mail thought MS Outlook 2000 already.
>However, when I use SQL Mail. The Query Analyzer
>display "Mail sent" but the recipients CAN NOT  received
>any mail from the system. Does anyone know why? Please
>refer to the attachment for further information, thnaks.

>P.S I am using SQL7 and installed SP3 already.

>Thanks

SQL Mail: mail sent but not devlivery

Post by Burto » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 23:52:08

Also:
It does NOT have to be an exchange server.  As long as there's a valid
profile and you can connect in as that account, logged on to the
server --without receiving any prompts for passwords, etc.-- you're in the
right direction.  Any POP3 Server will do.

Quote:> Did you assign a domain login to the SQL Server service
> statup account (& SQL Agent)? Then did you create the MAPI
> profile while logged onto the server console using this
> domain account? This account must also have an Exchange
> mail box or have permissions to use a mail box.

Post by Dwayne Lancl » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 00:39:38

Sounds like mismatched mapi32.dll files.  What is the location, size, and
modified date of all the mapi32.dll files on your system?  Do you have any
mapi32x.dll files?  If so, what is their location, size and modified date?

------
Dwayne Lanclos
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
When posting, please state the version of SQL Server being used and the
error number/exact error message text received, if any.
You assume all risk for your use.
? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

--------------------

> hi all,
>    I got a trouble problem about the SQM Mail function. I
> setup the MAPI profile in WINNT4.0 already. And I can send
> and received mail thought MS Outlook 2000 already.
> However, when I use SQL Mail. The Query Analyzer
> display "Mail sent" but the recipients CAN NOT  received
> any mail from the system. Does anyone know why? Please
> refer to the attachment for further information, thnaks.

> P.S I am using SQL7 and installed SP3 already.

> Thanks

1. SQL Mail: mail sent but not devlivery

Greetings,

Assuming that SQL Mail is properly configured and it seems
to be.

1.  Try checking the Outbox on the SQL Server to see if
the messages are actually being sent.  If not, change the
properties within Outlook to send the mail immediately.
2.  Try checking the Inbox on the SQL Server for bounced e-
mails.  The body of the bounced e-mails should indicate
what problem was encountered with their delivery.

HTH,

R2ro

2. Processing Question

3. SQL Mail Starts but does not send mail, unless Outlook is open manually

4. New Era 3.0 Crystal Report Help

5. Send E-Mail Without Using SQL Mail in SQL Server (Q312839)

6. Table Locks, Transactions and Messages

7. Send E-Mail Without Using SQL Mail in SQL Server

8. How to get FAST INSERTS (200 or so per second)

9. SQL Mail Wont Send E-Mail

10. can sql mail send html e-mail messages?

11. Send Mail with SQL MAIL

12. Problem wtih DTS Task for Send Mail and SQL Mail

13. SQL MAIL - sending mail