Phonetic Searches

Post by Colleen Romer » Thu, 02 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a utility that can perform phonetic comparisons against
a SQL Server database?

I've tried out the SOUNDEX and DIFFERENCE functions but do not find them to
be very accurate

1. Phonetic Searching

Hello.  I'm trying to find out if MS SQL Server 7 supports a phonetic
type search.  I've already looked up SOUNDEX() and its not exactly
what we want.

What we want to do is to be able to do a wildcard select but with some
logic in it.  Example is a customer table with name.  There are two
entries one for OConner and another for O'Conner.  The only difference
is the apostrophe.  Is there a way to do a search for 'oconner' and
get both of them without having to resort to a new column containing
no special characters.

Thanks for any help.

Kwan Fu Sit
Software Developer/DBA

2. Can I control odd/even pages when printing?

3. Phonetic search in fulltext catalog

4. compare 2 date ?

5. Fuzzy Phonetic searching

6. mts_dispatcher can not connect to listener

7. phonetic search

8. 1 Application Developer - Oracle

9. Phonetic searching

10. Phonetic Search