SQL Server CE XML Capability

Post by Jaso » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 02:24:17

Dear all,

I was wondering if SQL Server CE has the capability of
converting data to XML? If yes, how is it done? If no, is
there any tools can be use to convert SQL Server CE data
to XML?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Jason

SQL Server CE XML Capability

Post by Brian Sabino [MS » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:25:58

If you're using the Compact Framework you can do this using the dataset
(check the WriteXML method).  Unfortunately if you're using eVB there is no
built in way to do this.

Quote:> Dear all,

> I was wondering if SQL Server CE has the capability of
> converting data to XML? If yes, how is it done? If no, is
> there any tools can be use to convert SQL Server CE data
> to XML?

> Thank you for your time.

> Regards,

> Jason

SQL Server CE XML Capability

Post by Jaso » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 00:15:45

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your reply. I referred to SQL Server CE
Books Online, it says that Compact Framework is support
by .NET. However, I am developing the application with eVC
3.0. Is there an equivalent way to convert data to XML
with eVC 3.0?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Jason

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>If you're using the Compact Framework you can do this
using the dataset
>(check the WriteXML method).  Unfortunately if you're

using eVB there is no
>built in way to do this.

>--
confers no rights.

>> Dear all,

>> I was wondering if SQL Server CE has the capability of
>> converting data to XML? If yes, how is it done? If no,
is
>> there any tools can be use to convert SQL Server CE data
>> to XML?

>> Thank you for your time.

>> Regards,

>> Jason

>.

SQL Server CE XML Capability

Post by Brian Sabino [MS » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:30:32

If you're using eVC there isn't a built in way to do this, but you should be
able to do it youself by iterating through the rowset.

> Hi Brian,

> Thank you for your reply. I referred to SQL Server CE
> Books Online, it says that Compact Framework is support
> by .NET. However, I am developing the application with eVC
> 3.0. Is there an equivalent way to convert data to XML
> with eVC 3.0?

> Thanks for your time.

> Regards,

> Jason

1. SQL Server CE XML Extender

A demo version of SQL Server CE XML Extender (SSCEXE) is now public
available. Interested parties can contact me directly to obtain a copy.

SSCEXE is a package which makes it possible to do two things:

1. Convert a SQL Server CE database file (SDF) into two XML documents. One
holding the data, and one holding the data dictionary.

2. Create a SQL Server CE database file (SDF) from two XML documents. One
holding the data, and one holding the data dictionary.

Regards,
Thomas Hagen

2. Making an Icon for FPW2.6

3. create sql server ce table from an XML file

4. informix cli - windows nt

5. SQL Server CE, CE.NET and eVC++ 4

6. @@ERROR... I want actual error message

7. SQL Server CE 1.1 + SP1 + CE.NET succeed??

8. Re : Conversion

9. SQL Server CE SP1 Refreshed with support for Windows CE .NET

10. Insert using XML files in SLQ Server CE 2.0

11. comparison of sql server 2000 with sql server ce

12. SQL Server CE without SQL Server on Desktop

13. Problem with dllhost when Replicating CE SQL Server with SQL Server 2000