Disaster data recovery

Post by Arthur Nieuwlan » Mon, 28 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I've had a system crash on a system that ran SQL Server 7. I was able to
recover the data directory, but all the rest was lost. No backups of course.
Now i have installed a new server with SQL Server 7, but i can't figure out
if and how i can reuse the data that i recovered. Any help will be
appreciated.

Arthur Nieuwland

Disaster data recovery

Post by Neil Pik » Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Arthur - look up sp_attach_db

Quote:> I've had a system crash on a system that ran SQL Server 7. I was able to
> recover the data directory, but all the rest was lost. No backups of course.
> Now i have installed a new server with SQL Server 7, but i can't figure out
> if and how i can reuse the data that i recovered. Any help will be
> appreciated.

 (Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated otherwise)
 For SQL FAQ entries see
 http://go.compuserve.com/sqlserver (library 1) - latest stuff is always here
 www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp

Disaster data recovery

Post by rbur.. » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I've had a system crash on a system that ran SQL Server 7. I was able
> recover the data directory, but all the rest was lost. No backups of
course.
> Now i have installed a new server with SQL Server 7, but i can't
figure out
> if and how i can reuse the data that i recovered. Any help will be
> appreciated.

> Arthur Nieuwland

Check out a true forensics product that does not rely on the data
structure
of the drive i.e. boot,fat,registry to recover data.Recover98/NT.
http://www.phoenixware.com

Itnl.727-447-1291ext163

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. disaster data recovery

I've had a system crash on a system that ran SQL Server 7. I was able to
recover the data directory, but all the rest was lost. No backups of course.
Now i have installed a new server with SQL Server 7, but i can't figure out
if and how i can reuse the data that i recovered. Any help will be
appreciated.

Arthur Nieuwland

2. Wanted DataGrid with lookups

3. NY-New York-268235--RS/6000-Disaster Recovery-Backup/Recovery-AIX-UNIX-Networkin

4. AS Security - Filtering Dimensions

5. minimal data loss for disaster recovery

6. space recover for ORACLE 7

7. Recovery of Disaster

8. Testing, please ignore

9. Disaster Recovery

10. Disaster Recovery Database Restoration?

11. Disaster Recovery Strategies Needed: IIS 5.0 and SQL 2000

12. Disaster Recovery Planning for SQL Server 6.5