XML Technology Preview for SQL Server question

XML Technology Preview for SQL Server question

Post by WRT » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm trying out the XML Technology Preview for SQL Server. My environment is
Windows 2000, IIS 5.0 and SQL 7.0 all on one server. When I try to set up a
virtual directory from the IIS Virtual Directory Management for Data-XML
snap-in, I get the following error:

"An error occured creating Virtual Directory http://artemis/northwind".
Error code returned :0x80070008"

What could be wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

XML Technology Preview for SQL Server question

Post by Frank Mante » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

That error indicates "not enough storage space to complete the operation".

Weird.

Does the vroot already exist ?

Frank Mantek
Microsoft

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm trying out the XML Technology Preview for SQL Server. My environment
is
> Windows 2000, IIS 5.0 and SQL 7.0 all on one server. When I try to set up
> virtual directory from the IIS Virtual Directory Management for Data-XML
> snap-in, I get the following error:

> "An error occured creating Virtual Directory http://artemis/northwind".
> Error code returned :0x80070008"

> What could be wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1. XML technology Preview for SQL Server

We been using the xml preview for quite some time to offer XML datafeeds via
HTTP request...using the msxml3 parser and SQL 2000 Server, and we use a XML
template to call a stored procedure in the database some like this for
example:

<?xml version="1.0"  ?>
<root xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql">
 <version number="3.0" date="1/1/01" />
 <sql:query>
      exec spGetCitiesByProvinceID ?, 0  FOR XML RAW
 </sql:query>
</root>

So the parameters for the SP would be grabbed from the query string, but
somewhere along the line, our Old CTO upgraded our system, either the
preview, xml parser or SQL server, so we had to change the way we went wrote
out XML templates, and he is not giving us support.
But the new way.. we transfered the line "FOR XML RAW" into the acctualy
Stored Procedures and the parameters were handled differently, like so in
the XML template:

<?xml version="1.0"  ?>
<root xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql">
 <version number="3.0" date="1/1/01" />
    <sql:header>
       <sql:param name="ProvinceID">1</sql:param>
  <sql:param name="Rowlimit">0</sql:param>
   </sql:header>
 <sql:query>

 </sql:query>
</eLocal>

With the parameters still being passed in the querystring of the HTTP
request... so I can't for the life of me find out what I need to upgrade or
change so the Second XML template example I show you, will work.  I'm
installed the service pack for the XML parser, using replace mode.  I
upgrade the SQL server with the XML for SQL Web Release, but nothing..
installed and read everything I can.. probably missing something simple..
any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

2. Perl scripts won\t connect thru ODBC when run by web server

3. Error with the ISAPI XML Technology Preview for SQL Server

4. Symmetric Replication VS. Standby Database?

5. XML Technology Preview for SQL Server 7.0

6. connect to sql server through vpn?

7. XML Technology Preview for SQL Server

8. Problems with a view

9. XML Technology Preview for SQL Server 7.0

10. Error with the ISAPI XML Technology Preview for SQL Server

11. New XML technology preview for SQL server available for download

12. File for SQL Server XML Technology Preview

13. Microsoft Technology Preview for XML/SQL Server 7