DTS Merge Modules for Windows Installer/VSI

DTS Merge Modules for Windows Installer/VSI

Post by Boris Nikolaevic » Sun, 12 May 2002 05:51:12

I added the DTS.msm and DTS_RES.msm merge modules from the CD to a Visual
Studio Installer project.  When I ran the installation, I found that not all
of the files required for DTS were installed.  What other merge modules do I
need to include in order to install and run DTS opn the client machine?

Alternatively, is there a good way to redistribute all the DTS files in an
.msi (Windows Installer package) without using the merge modules?

Thanks,
Boris

DTS Merge Modules for Windows Installer/VSI

Post by Darren Gree » Sun, 12 May 2002 07:26:25

Quote:>I added the DTS.msm and DTS_RES.msm merge modules from the CD to a Visual
>Studio Installer project.  When I ran the installation, I found that not all
>of the files required for DTS were installed.  What other merge modules do I
>need to include in order to install and run DTS opn the client machine?

>Alternatively, is there a good way to redistribute all the DTS files in an
>.msi (Windows Installer package) without using the merge modules?

>Thanks,
>Boris

I didn't even know there were merge modules They are on the SQL 2000 CD
I presume? I'll go and have a look later.

As there would appear to be one for DLLs and one for resource files, are
they getting installed in the correct directories relative to each
other?

I've always done it the hard way-
http://www.sqldts.com//main.asp?nav=1,6,225,0

--