DEMO db import problems

Post by louis » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Last year, soon after the release of SQL 7.0, I attended a MOC course,
Implementing a db... The material included a trial copy of SQL 7.0. I
installed it on my laptop and not long after, we purchased a copy. I
never installed the licensed copy on my laptop and, when the 120 day
trial expired (without any warning!), I had to re-install SQL 7.0 from
the licensed copy I had. However, I cannot access data files, even
though I can plainly see them residing on my hard drive. What can I do?

DEMO db import problems

Post by Kalen Delane » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Have you tried sp_attach_db? It's documented in the Books Online.

HTH

--
Kalen Delaney
MCSE, SQL Server MCT, MVP

Quote:> Last year, soon after the release of SQL 7.0, I attended a MOC course,
> Implementing a db... The material included a trial copy of SQL 7.0. I
> installed it on my laptop and not long after, we purchased a copy. I
> never installed the licensed copy on my laptop and, when the 120 day
> trial expired (without any warning!), I had to re-install SQL 7.0 from
> the licensed copy I had. However, I cannot access data files, even
> though I can plainly see them residing on my hard drive. What can I do?

1. problems to run demo of SQL2000 XML Demo in the Web Services Toolkit

Hi,

I installed the SQL2000 XML Demo in the Web Services
Toolkit.  I have problem to run the following demo of
Xpath against XSD.

XPath Against XSD returning document (using root
parameter) (OrderedElements.xsd)
http://localhost/demos/s/OrderedElements.xsd/Customers?
root=root

XPath Against XSD returning one customer with orders
(custordodprodsup.xsd)

Any input would be appreciated ! Thanks.

2. how to verify sybase's performance on solaris8

3. Beta/Demo Page/Trial Programs/Demo Packages

4. Accessing MDX in a cube

5. DTS Import db problems

6. bldmastr fails...

7. DB size problem using ADO import to Access 2K (XML source)

8. import data into SQL2000 db problem's

9. problem of Import DB with nested tables

10. Problem in scheduling a job import Access97 db to SQLServer7

11. Frustrating problem with importing a textfile in a DB

12. demo db