Error 1058 on starting SQL Server Agent Service @ SQL 7.0

Post by John » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 17:01:26

Hi,

I wanna schedule a database maintenance plan which requires the SQL Server
Agent running. On starting this service, a Service Control Failure is
returned, claiming 'An Error 1058 - (The specified service is disabled and
cannot be started) occured while performing this service operation on the
SQLServerAgent service.

The system I'm using is WinNT4.0 SP6, SQL Server Desktop Edition 7.0 and I'm
logged in as admin.
Starting the service from within the control panel/Service also fails.

Can anyone help???

Thanks and best regards,

John.

Error 1058 on starting SQL Server Agent Service @ SQL 7.0

Post by Suresh B. Kandoth [M » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 07:16:09

John

In Control Panel >> Services , choose SQL Server Agent.
Click on Startup . Make sure the startup type is set to Automatic.
Click on H/W Profiles and make sure it is enabled.

After this you should be able to start the service.

Suresh B. Kandoth

1. SQL Server Agent Error 1058

I have a Win2K sp3 SQL Server 2000 sp2 (+ hotfix ms02-061) that has a
problem.  The SQL Server Agent doesn't start and gives me a Service
Control Error:

'An error 1058 -(The specified service is disabled and cannot be
started) occurred while performing this service operation on the
SQLServerAgent service.'

Toni Eibner
Allina Health System
DBA

2. Multiple Outer Joins (chained)

3. *** Error 1058: The service cannot be started, ...

4. Linked Server not working: something pretty basic is missing?

5. An error occurred while attempting to start the service (1058)

6. US-GA-ATL- PICK PROGRAMMERS- AD

7. Error 1058 Cannot start server

8. Oracle relational algebra support?

9. SQLServer Agent NOT starting after upgr frm SQL Server 7.0 to SQL Server 2K

10. SQL 7.0 Service Manager error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure

11. SQLserver 2000 does not start on XP, error 1058

12. Service fails on installation (error 1058)