SQL Server 2000 won't install with Back Office Server 2000

SQL Server 2000 won't install with Back Office Server 2000

Post by Colin J Paterso » Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:18:15

I am installing Back Office 2000 Server. I run the installation and
everything seems to run OK, but then after appearing to Install SQL Server
2000, I get a red X next to it and when the installation is finished I get
an "Unrecognised" error message and no hint as to why the installation
failed.

Is there any way I can find out why it didn't install.

Thanks for any help.

Colin

1. SQL Server 2000 won't install on Window Server 2003

I have a clean installation of Windows Server 2003
Enterprise. I did install additional components such as
IIS and most of the others. The Desktop version of SQL
Server was installed during these component installations.
When I try to install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise or
Developer Edition I get the following warning message:

SQL Server 2000 SP2 and below is not supported by this
version of Windows.

Well I would think I would have to install it before I can
apply service pack 3 right?

Then I choose continue after this warning message and get
the following error:

Setup initialization error.
Invalid access to memory location.
C:\Windows\Temp\SqlSetup\Bin\sqlsut.dll

Please help I really need to get this server built
correctly and SQL server has to be loaded second after the
OS before anything else.

PlEASE HELP!!!!

2. sql server jobs

3. Installing SQL Server 2000 Over Win 2000 Server

4. Stored procedure and ASP

5. SQL Server 2000 on dual processor - SP2/3 won't install

6. Ingres compiled under SYSV; Problem with lock daemon

7. SQL Server 2000 Install after Uninstalling SQL server 2000

8. Problem coming up with query

9. Does SQL Server 7.0 install on Win 2000 server

10. Installing SQL 2000 Server on Win Server 2003 Standard

11. Can't connect to SQL Server 7 on Win 2000 Server - help

12. SQl Server 2000 - ODBC Connection Problem on Win 2000 Server

13. SQL server 2000 installation fails on win 2000 server