SQL Server OLE DB memory leaks

Post by Ron Well » Fri, 04 Apr 2003 03:44:24

We are currently using SQL Server 2000 for a C++ based ASP
application for doctors and other healthcare workers.
However, since migrating from ODBC using MFC to the much
faster OLE DB SDK for interfacing with the database we
have noticed that memory allocated in SQLServr.exe is not
being released properly.  We have used the tools shipped
with the MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components???)
bundle.  To verify that the problem was with the OLE DB
driver or with SQL Server itself I created the exact same
database using BTrieve SQL and Oracle both of which worked
properly with no leaks.  My guess is that the OLE DB
driver for SQL Server has some memory issues but I have
not been successful in figuring it out.  We currently have
to reset our offsite server about every 48 hours to keep
it up and running.  I hope some genius out there has
figured this one out.

Thanks,

Ron Wells
CTO Best Practices Inc.

1. SQL Server OLE DB memory leaks

[...]

2. problem with migrating stored procs from 4.9 to 11.5

3. Memory Leak with Ole Automation in SQL Server when using seagate crystal reports

4. Can postgresql be run in memory (like a memory resident program)

5. Memory Leak When You Use SQL Server When I use OLE Automation Stored Procedures

6. Question about FileMaker Developer 6

7. Memory leak using OLE DB Provider ?

8. Call for Papers: Testing Computer Software Conference (TCS2001)

9. OLE Automation Problems - MEMORY HOG (Memory Leak?)

10. SQL Server seems to leak memory until complete out of memory

11. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server 80004005: Unspecified Error followed by Insufficient memory

12. ADO 2.5 Sql Server Ole Db Provider and Memory Loss

13. UK query - Delphi3 - NT4-Memory leak on SQL Query to SQL/server 6.5