Images in stored procedures and user defined functions

Images in stored procedures and user defined functions

Post by Greg Obleshchu » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 11:05:59

Hi guys,
    I need some help here.  I want to process image data and text data in a
stored procedure  or user defined function(preferred).  I want to pass the
image and return a different image.  Has anyone had any success in doing
this as you can't define a image or text data type as a local variable

regards
Greg O

Images in stored procedures and user defined functions

Post by Keith Wong [M » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 07:27:27

I am not sure what you can do with IMAGE data using TSQL. However, can you pass the record key to the sproc or function and then have it locate and process the IMAGE data inside the sproc
or func? BLOB data cannot be passed as parameters. I would think normally an application developed using some api (e.g. GetChunk in VB) would retrieve the IMAGE data, process it, and then
update the table. In TSQL, can probably do some bit operations with binary data.
-Keith

*  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
*  Please do not send email directly to this alias.Respond to newsgroup