Migrating user owned stored procedures and views from SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0

Migrating user owned stored procedures and views from SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0

Post by Katie Wals » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I need some help or suggestions on how to migrate objects which are owned
within a database by a user.

For example, I have a collection of tables, stored procedures and views
which are used by User A, and some views owned by User B.

When I try to migrate the above objects, using the Migration utility, I get
the following results:

All tables owned by User A, are migrated correctly and are identified as
User A owned objects.

All stored procedures are migrated, however they change from being User A
owned to dbo, which changes how the stored procedures interact with the
tables and cannot be used in the nature they were intended.

Views, only views owned by User B are migrated. None of User A, views are
migrated.

I have added the users to the database, prior to migration and this has not
resolved the problem, I have assigned various roles and I still end up with
the same results.

If anyone has any recommendations or have encountered similar problems, I
would be grateful for some help.