Start snapshot agent automatically from replication script??

Start snapshot agent automatically from replication script??

Post by Mike Kise » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello!

Does anyone know how to start he snapshot agent automatically after running
the replication script which creates the snapshot and merge agent?  We must
competely automate our installation and that is the only item I have not
figured out.....

Thanks!

Mike

_____________________________________
Mike Kiser,  MCSD
Senior Software Development Engineer
Database Team Lead
Prucka Center for Invasive Cardiology
GE Marquette Medical Systems

phone: (281) 275-5143
fax: (281) 275-5001

Start snapshot agent automatically from replication script??

Post by Mike Kise » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello!

Does anyone know how to start he snapshot agent automatically after running
the replication script which creates the snapshot and merge agent?  We must
competely automate our installation and that is the only item I have not
figured out.....

Thanks!

Mike

_____________________________________
Mike Kiser,  MCSD
Senior Software Development Engineer
Database Team Lead
Prucka Center for Invasive Cardiology
GE Marquette Medical Systems

phone: (281) 275-5143
fax: (281) 275-5001

1. replication (snapshot agent is not starting)

hi all.

my snapshot agent in the distributor is not able to start.
its throwing an error
the process could not connect to publisher.

n.b( the publisher and distributor are in differnent domain and having a two
way trust)
the distributer sql server agent has admin rights in the publisher database.

it looks like a security issue or improper mapping.
the distribution agent is running fine.

if someone can give the security check list for snapshot replication.

what might be the problem in this case.
if u need any imformation pls revert back.

thanks in advance
regards,

2. Err # 3426 What does it mean

3. One of publication listed under Replication Monitor/Agents/Merge Agents was automatically removed

4. PROGRESS/Career Position/Ohio

5. snapshot agent error: Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

6. ora-01034 : oracle not available

7. START MERGE AGENT AUTOMATICALLY

8. Finding most recently modified SP's

9. How to start/stop replication agent for transactional replication via Transact SQL

10. SQL Agent not starting automatically

11. Start SQL Server Agent Automatically

12. Automatically Starting SQL Server Agent in Win98

13. SQL agent wont automatically start up