Open Text files into a recordset in VBScript in a DTS Package

Open Text files into a recordset in VBScript in a DTS Package

Post by KEdward » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I'm trying to load a text file straight into a recordset variable, without
first importing it into a table, anyone know how or if it can be done

Thanks

Karl Edwards

Open Text files into a recordset in VBScript in a DTS Package

Post by Shahab » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi
I think you can open the text file with ADO and then read each record from
the text file to the your recordset variable.

>Hi

>I'm trying to load a text file straight into a recordset variable, without
>first importing it into a table, anyone know how or if it can be done

>Thanks

>Karl Edwards

1. Cannot edit DTS package/DTS package opens, but window is blank

Howdy,

I've got about 12 or so DTS packages saved that I created, and when I
try to open them now, the DTS edit window opens, but it's completely
blank!  I can't even see the tool panel on the left side.

I'm connecting to a SQL server using my laptop, which also has the
Enterprise Magager installed.  All the databases and DTS packages I'm
dealing with are on the other SQL server.

The weird thing is I can edit the packages just fine if I'm at the
actual SQL machine, but when I'm at my machine I get the error.

Any suggestions?

SQL 2000
Security is SQL authentication

TIA,

John

2. front ends for postgres under linux

3. Table Update Via Text File (DTS, Stored Proc, ActiveX, VBScript)

4. Crystal Report

5. Modify Text file with VBScript in DTS

6. Embedde SQL /PRO*C

7. DTS package files on empty text file

8. Single quote

9. DTS packages to open files only for reading

10. DTS File Package open errors

11. Opening a DTS package file from command promt

12. re-entry to Text File Destination icon causes closure of DTS package

13. DTS Package - Pre-process Text File?