SQL Server went bye-bye after install / patch

SQL Server went bye-bye after install / patch

Post by Richard Waymir » Wed, 06 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Verify in HKLM/system/ccs/services/mssqlserver that the path is correct,
and verify that master.dat is in the same location that the above registry
key thinks...

--
Richard Waymire, MCT, MCSE, MVP (SQLServer)
Principal Engineer, ARIS Corp.

Quote:> Anyone else have this experience or better yet a proposed solution (I
> don't mind blowing away the db server):

> SQL Workstation no longer starts after installing NT SP 3, Visual Studio
> '97, and patch for VS'97.  I then attempted to reinstall SQL Workstation
> [6.5] many times but it always fails while attempting to start the
> MSSQLServer service.
> The event viewer indicates that the path to master.dat was not found.
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated...

>         Jeffrey Trent

1. Init went bye bye

Howdy,

I have updated my BDE in P8 to V4.5.1.4.

Now (and perhaps unrelated) I cannot find the INIT method for any
of my forms. Yes, I have set OPAL preferences to advanced. Where
did INIT go, and (more important) how can I get it back??

-Kenneth

Please respond here, and also via email (after removing "SPAMLESS.")

2. date range

3. bye-bye master

4. Creaste a view based on v_$session

5. Bye Bye

6. ERROR 2506,2524,2596,2510,605

7. Bye-bye mvBase and mvEnterprise

8. FilePro - was Re: Bye Bye $CO

9. Bye Bye $CO

10. What server/platform to bye?

11. Announce: Altra release Micropoint Mouse Alternative, Kiss your Mouse Good-bye