Erro 103

Post by Medi Akhlagh » Sun, 29 Jul 2001 22:57:31

I am getting error 103: "The identifier that started %g is
too long. Maximum length is 128". The microsoft
documentation is stating 8000 bytes for such string.  I am
thing that I probably have to set a parameter to adjust
this.  Any suggestion?

Thank  Mehdi

Erro 103

Post by Dwayne Lancl » Sun, 05 Aug 2001 08:08:47

From SQL Server 2000 Books On Line:

If you enclose a character string that is more than 128 characters in
double quotation marks, the application may receive this error. When the
QUOTED_IDENTIFIERS option is set ON (SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIERS ON), Microsoft?
SQL Server? expects quoted identifiers to be enclosed in double quotation
marks (") and data values to be enclosed in single quotation marks ('). In
the case of character parameters of stored procedures, SQL Server accepts
data values enclosed in double quotation marks if the character string is
less than 128 characters. They should be considered syntax errors by SQL
Server and generate an error.

Does this explain the message you are getting?

------
Dwayne Lanclos
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
When posting, please state the version of SQL Server being used and the
error number/exact error message text received, if any.

--------------------

Quote:> Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message

> I am getting error 103: "The identifier that started %g is
> too long. Maximum length is 128". The microsoft
> documentation is stating 8000 bytes for such string.  I am
> thing that I probably have to set a parameter to adjust
> this.  Any suggestion?

> Thank  Mehdi

1. 101, 103 for US and UK date formats

I know the following code is to convert the default date
format to be like 12-18-2001 if 101 is used, or 18-21-2001
if 103 is used for UK standard:

select convert(char(20), getdate(), 101) as'US DATE FORMAT'

But where can I find a table or universal list that shows
which number stands for which format, 101 for US stand (12-
18-2001), 103 for UK, 102 if any for what?

Thanks in advance.

Paula D

2. Newbie in distress

3. idc, error 103 max length 30

4. 8.1.7 install problems on Sun Blade 100/Solaris 8 01/01 MU4

5. ole db provider call in sql stored procedure -- error 103

6. Raptor Firewall and Oracle

7. Error 103 & In statement

8. Using Global Names

9. US-FL-DATAWAREHOUSING (ORT-103)

10. Procedure Builder: Error 103 at table declaration

11. Informix Error Message -103

12. Update Statistics Error:-243 C-ISAM:-103