sqlmail setting

Post by SQLS » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Kindly helpme in settingup the sqlmail

I tried the following things but still I can not start my sqlmail

1. SQL profile created
2. Service started with SQL accounts with password

Can anybody tell me what else can i do for this.

Thanks in advance

regards

ravi.

sqlmail setting

Post by Itzik Ben-Ga » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

You need to make sure that you create the mail profile while you are logged
on to the computer under the same account which the service starts with
(depending on whether you define the profile for SQLServerAgent or
MSSQLServer).

--
Itzik Ben-Gan
SQL Server MVP

http://www.mcse.org.il/isql

Quote:> Kindly helpme in settingup the sqlmail

> I tried the following things but still I can not start my sqlmail

> 1. SQL profile created
> 2. Service started with SQL accounts with password

> Can anybody tell me what else can i do for this.

> Thanks in advance

> regards

> ravi.

1. trouble setting up SQLMail on MS SQL 6.5

Hi,
I'm having a bit of trouble getting SQLMail going in MS SQL 6.5 (on NT 4
Server). I've established a working profile in the Exchange client, using
the internet mail service, under the SQL startup account, and the SQLMail
service starts ok using this profile. But when I try to do things like stop
the service with xp_stopmail or send mail with xp_sendmail, using the
Enterpise Manager, it times out or hangs the Ent. Man. There are no error
messages of the sort 'MAPI login failure' or anything; nothing happens.
Trying to use Ent. Man. to stop the service, I get "SQL Mail system not
responding. Check config. for underlying mail system and SQL Mail". I can't
see anything in the SQL error log.
Ben

2. Local View - refresh?

3. Help!!! Set up SQLMail

4. SQL Patch for slammer.

5. SQLMail and character set

6. Sybase technical support via internet ???

7. SQLMail service profile dissapearing in SQLMail properties

8. Double click in browse

9. SQLmail and Groupwise 5.5

10. Problem with SQLMail, SQLAgentMail

11. SQLMail and Post.Office

12. SqlMail Configuration Help Required

13. How to start SQLMail automatically ?