SQL 2000 server Connect failes every time I connect server to LAN or Internet

SQL 2000 server Connect failes every time I connect server to LAN or Internet

Post by HB » Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:31:24



Guys,

I am facing a strange problem :

SQL 2000 server Connect failes every time I connect server to LAN or
Internet even from the server it self (local)??

Please advice

Best Regards

HB

 
 
 

SQL 2000 server Connect failes every time I connect server to LAN or Internet

Post by Brian Mora » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:12:32


could you pleas provide more details about what is happening?

--
Brian Moran
SQL Server MVP


Quote:> Guys,

> I am facing a strange problem :

> SQL 2000 server Connect failes every time I connect server to LAN or
> Internet even from the server it self (local)??

> Please advice

> Best Regards

> HB


 
 
 

SQL 2000 server Connect failes every time I connect server to LAN or Internet

Post by HB » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:11:53


I can access the SQL server locally no problem but if I plugin the network
cable to the server the connection fails & never get connected till I unplug
the network cable same thing is happing if I get connected to the internet
?????

Thanks


> could you pleas provide more details about what is happening?

> --
> Brian Moran
> SQL Server MVP



> > Guys,

> > I am facing a strange problem :

> > SQL 2000 server Connect failes every time I connect server to LAN or
> > Internet even from the server it self (local)??

> > Please advice

> > Best Regards

> > HB

 
 
 

SQL 2000 server Connect failes every time I connect server to LAN or Internet

Post by linda deng[M » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:56:11


Hi HB,

Per your previous post, you can access the SQL Server successfully before
you plug the network cable into the server. You cannot connect to the SQL
Server on the same machine after the plugging operation. If I understand
you correctly, please check the Net-Library protocols enabled on the server
side and the client side with 'Server Network Utility' and 'Client Network
Utility' tool. You also should check the start up account of the
MSSQLServer service and the authentication mode configured on the server
side. What is the exact error message when you cannot connect to the SQL
Server even locally?

Sincerely,

Linda Deng
Microsoft Support Engineer

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

 
 
 

SQL 2000 server Connect failes every time I connect server to LAN or Internet

Post by linda deng[M » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 20:40:47


Hi HB,

Would you please gather more information according to my previous post?
After you plug in the network cable, please re-start the server machine and
try again. When and how did the two error messages occur? More details are
appreciated.

Please check the set up file 'sqlstp.log' of SQL Server, error log files
(under C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\LOG) and
application/system events log with 'Event Viewer'.

Sincerely,

Linda Deng
Microsoft Support Engineer

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

 
 
 

SQL 2000 server Connect failes every time I connect server to LAN or Internet

Post by HB » Sun, 01 Sep 2002 17:22:12


Hi Linda,

Many Thanks for your kind help
After I stop-start my SQL server I realized that the Norton firewall was the
reason
Thanks

Best Regards
HB


Quote:> Hi HB,

> Would you please gather more information according to my previous post?
> After you plug in the network cable, please re-start the server machine
and
> try again. When and how did the two error messages occur? More details are
> appreciated.

> Please check the set up file 'sqlstp.log' of SQL Server, error log files
> (under C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\LOG) and
> application/system events log with 'Event Viewer'.

> Sincerely,

> Linda Deng
> Microsoft Support Engineer

> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

 
 
 

1. Newbie - connect SQL Server 2000 client to Internet Server

I installed the 120-day demo version of SQL Server 2000 on my laptop, but
only the client software. Now I want to connect to a SQL Server 2000
database of my Web Hosting service on the Internet.

I have the folder Sqleval but don't know where to start a program. I know
SQL, as well as the server's address and login/password so once I get
rolling I'll be fine.

Please, any help to get me on my way ...

2. Oh God... (FileMaker XML vs. IE 5, etc.)

3. Connecting to a Sql Server 2000 SP3 from a Sql Server 2000 SP2

4. URGENT: Deadline looming

5. how to connect remote sql server 2000 from my local sql server 2000

6. Deleting Records

7. can't connect to SQL server 2000 from the internet

8. oracle 734 download: who can help :<

9. Time out when connecting to another SQL 2000 server using the enterprise tool

10. Connecting SQL Server 7 to SQL Server 2000

11. SQL Server Driver 2.65 for connect to SQL Server 2000

12. Connect from SQL Server to a SQL 2000 CE Server

13. MS Internet Server can't connect to SQL Server ODBC source