sql mail always save messages to Sent folder

sql mail always save messages to Sent folder

Post by Joseph W » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I'm using SQL-Server 7.0, Outlook 98 and Exchange server. SQLMail works fine
except that it always save a copy of sent message to the Sent Items Folder,
causing it to exceed disk limit and eventually stop working.

I already make sure this feature is disabled by unchecking the box on the
SQL-Server Agent property page and the Outlook option screen for the mail
profile.

Any idea ?

sql mail always save messages to Sent folder

Post by Wayne Snyde » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Did you stop and restart SQl server agent?

--
Wayne Snyder MCSE, MCT, SQL Server MVP
IKON Technology Services, C*te, NC Education

sql mail always save messages to Sent folder

Post by Joseph W » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Yes.

>Did you stop and restart SQl server agent?

>--
>Wayne Snyder MCSE, MCT, SQL Server MVP
>IKON Technology Services, C*te, NC Education
>(Please respond to the newsgroup.)

sql mail always save messages to Sent folder

Post by Wayne Snyde » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Sorry Joseph, I know of no other thing... Maybe delete the profile and
re-add it, both in mail and sql agent... (but I'm just grasping at staws)

--
Wayne Snyder MCSE, MCT, SQL Server MVP
IKON Technology Services, C*te, NC Education
(Please respond to the newsgroup.)

sql mail always save messages to Sent folder

Post by Peter Faulkne » Sun, 18 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have the same problem. The only solution I found was to give myself rights
on that account and it add it to my outlook bar. Now I just click on the
accounts Sent Items now and then and delete them.

There must be a way of setting up a server rule for this?

1. SQL Mail - saving message in SentItems folder

Has anyone run into this problem? Know the fix?

Initial description:
When SQL Server is first installed and an Exchange account
is set up correctly so that SQL mail works and the OutLook
session is set to 'Save a copy of sent mail in the
SentItems folder', this works by default for xp_sendmail.
It has to be turned on for SQLAgent in EM by checking a
box on the Agent propery window.

Problem:
Once the Agent's check box is set, then subsequently
unchecked but sometime later rechecked, then Agent
notifications are saved but xp_sentmail message are no
longer saved. Anybody know what to do to get xp_sendmail
to start saving message again in the Exchange SentItems
folder? And yes, the box is stilled checked in Outlook and
SQL Server has been stopped and restart numerous times
along with the Agent.

2. Data control and sharing

3. Messages being saved in the sent items folder

4. US-SC-SR. DEVELOPER

5. can sql mail send html e-mail messages?

6. INFORMIX-CLI/INFORMIX-NET PC - it works!

7. SQL Mail (Sent Folders)

8. applications hangs

9. DTS Send Mail Task saves sent items

10. Sending messages from SQL Server without SQL Mail

11. xp_sendmail always returning mail sent?

12. sending long messages w/ SQL-Mail?

13. Sending E-Mail messages to a SQL Server