Offline replication???

Post by Tracy J. Goug » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I am a member of a telecommuting development team and we are in search of a
way to send out database changes (schema and data) from a 'master' database
to each of the developers local databases.  This needs to be done 'offline'
via email with script files.  There are internet firewall issues that
disable us from using 'online' replication.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tracy J. Gough

Offline replication???

Post by Habib Sali » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Tracy,
Your need seems to indicate that the replication will be "snapshot' and one
way only.(OUT)

You can use execue SQL tasks in DTS to create a database, set select
into/bulkcopy to true, and
select into this database all the tables you want
to pump out.

then you can use a command exec task to zip up the database and
finally use any number of ways to send the zipped file by email.

voila!
Habib Salim

Quote:> I am a member of a telecommuting development team and we are in search of