Invalid Procedure Call - DTSDestination

Post by MJS » Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:28:24

DTSDestination("X") = 1

works fine, but

DestVar="X"
DTSDestinition(DestVar) = 1

fails with "Invalid procedure call or argument: 'DTSDestination' "

Invalid Procedure Call - DTSDestination

Post by Jér?me Poudo » Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:41:30

Quote:> DestVar="X"
> DTSDestinition(DestVar) = 1

if it's a copy of your code...
DTSDestinition doesn't exists
but DTSDestination (with a A) works ;-)

also, try to added a .Value  at the end :
DTSDestination(DestVar).Value = 1
or try DTSDestination.Item(DestVar) = 1

Quote:> DTSDestination("X") = 1

> works fine, but

> DestVar="X"
> DTSDestinition(DestVar) = 1

> fails with "Invalid procedure call or argument: 'DTSDestination' "

Invalid Procedure Call - DTSDestination

Post by Allan Mitchel » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:06:49

This works for me although I have to admit I have no idea why I
would ever use it.

Function Main()

   dim strAuid
   strAuid = "au_id"

   DTSDestination(strAuid) = DTSSource("au_id")
   DTSDestination("au_lname") = DTSSource("au_lname")
   DTSDestination("au_fname") = DTSSource("au_fname")
   DTSDestination("phone") = DTSSource("phone")
   DTSDestination("address") = DTSSource("address")
   DTSDestination("city") = DTSSource("city")
   DTSDestination("state") = DTSSource("state")
   DTSDestination("zip") = DTSSource("zip")
   DTSDestination("contract") = DTSSource("contract")
   DTSDestination("RecentSales") = DTSSource("RecentSales")
   Main = DTSTransformStat_OK
End Function

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE, MCDBA

1. Invalid procedure call or argument "DTSDestination"

Hey Guys,

I am trying to dynamically define the transformations of a data pump task
with pre-constructed activex script files.

For ex, if file name = xxx.txt then the transformation file = xxx_script.txt

I am doing this because files I loop through all have different structures.
Hence the dynamic transformations.

However, the activex script engine keeps throwing the error - Invalid
procedure call or argument "DTSDestination".

I look at the transformations, everything looks perfect. The right file was
loaded, all columns are mapped properly and the syntax is fine as well.

What is this error and what is happening?

Thanks,
Karthik.

2. URGENT ATTENTION

3. Invalid Procedure Call or Argument

4. Create Cube

5. Testing

6. Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument

7. pgsql/src/backend/main main.c

8. Invalid procedure call or argument MS Access on Win95

9. Run-time error "5": Invalid procedure call

10. Invalid Procedure call when referencing collection by key

11. invalid procedure call with VB6, msAccess97 and DAO

12. Invalid Procedure call