Using CD-R,CD-RW as Backup Device in Sql Server

Using CD-R,CD-RW as Backup Device in Sql Server

Post by senthilve » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 02:15:42

Hello,
  I Have been using the normal DAT/DLT devices for my back
up and now I want to Shift my back up device to CD-
Media.Does Sql Server Supports BAckup in CD,DVD etc?If yes
I would also like to know whether the back up process will
continue in the next disk once the first disk gets
full.B'cos the database size is over 1gb and obviously it
won't fit into a single CD.Your answers will be very
helpfull for me.
Regards
Senthil.

Using CD-R,CD-RW as Backup Device in Sql Server

Post by oj » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 05:31:14

senthilvel,

backup your database to disk, then use your favorite backup utility to write
to CD.

--
-oj
Feeling Lucky Today?! Download a copy of RAC v2.0

Quote:> Hello,
>   I Have been using the normal DAT/DLT devices for my back
> up and now I want to Shift my back up device to CD-
> Media.Does Sql Server Supports BAckup in CD,DVD etc?If yes
> I would also like to know whether the back up process will
> continue in the next disk once the first disk gets
> full.B'cos the database size is over 1gb and obviously it
> won't fit into a single CD.Your answers will be very
> helpfull for me.
> Regards
> Senthil.

Using CD-R,CD-RW as Backup Device in Sql Server

Post by Jasper Smit » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 07:45:15

You can create a number of disk backup devices that are "CD size" and
stripe your backups across them, then backup to CD

HTH
Jasper Smith