Cann't Change Persissions on some Objects

Cann't Change Persissions on some Objects

Post by John Smit » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I am unable to change permissions on some objects inclusing tables, views
and stored procedures, I'm using SQL 6.5.
Any hints please?

Cann't Change Persissions on some Objects

Post by Roy Harv » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

John,

Quote:>I am unable to change permissions on some objects inclusing tables, views
>and stored procedures, I'm using SQL 6.5.

There is a bug when changing permissions on tables where the number of
columns is one less than a multiple of 8 (7, 15, 23, etc.).  The only
way around it is to update sysprotects directly.

Roy

1. mmmyql driver doesn't store a vector object in mysql database (changes serialized object string)

hello,

i'd appreciate any help on the problem i keep having since i'm running
out ouf ideas.
i tried to store a vector object using the mmmysql driver 1.2 and 2.0pre
in a mysql database (win32 version 3.21).
as you can imagine, the serialized vector object contains a lot of
unusual ascii characters. when i write the object to a file and read it
in using "load infile .." mysql inserts it without any problems.
using the drivers setObject() or setBinaryStream() methods not a single
character of the object reaches the database, just two ascii signs (not
contained in the serialized object string) and a lot of spaces.
to make it even worse, a result query (ResultSet rs
= executeQuery("select * from tableX")) to select this row doesn't even
return!!

if anyone could help me, i'd be glad.

thanks in advance,

sebastian

PS: i tried the original "store objects in database for persistence"
example in http://www.codeguru.com with the same result

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. CD- Database Vieing - HELP

3. When the ftp task cann't connect server,I can't continue the step

4. ADOCE vs OLEDB

5. Cann't create adp

6. Help Please

7. Office 97 cann't Mail Merge with SQL 6.5

8. MP3 ID3 tags available in FM?

9. Cann't exec DTS in JSP Page

10. cann't allocate memory when using many commands in a session

11. cann't create indexed view with SCHEMABINDING within a stored procedure

12. why cann't i copy an image datatype from one table to another

13. Restroe problem : cann't restore lagest table 3