> I'm having trouble locating any resource for an error I'm getting:
Neil Pike MVP/MCSE. Protech Computing LtdQuote:> Lazywriter: WARNING, couldn't find slot, 8/8, scanned 8
> any ideas?
I suffered similar problems on SQL Server 6.5 and no matter what we did with MAX ASYNC IO we could not solve the problem. I upgraded to SQL Server 7 a year ago and never saw a lazywriter error again!!
MCDBA, MCSD, MCSE
Internet Database Architect
Keybright Services Ltd
'Databases for the Internet'
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
1. SQL 6.5 Lazywriter Warning.
I have a handfull of these errors in my log file. Lazywriter:
WARNING, No free buffers found within the last 5 minutes. These time
frame on the minutes field increases with each error. During this time
no SQL queries were being processed. I couldn't even connect via SQL
Enterprise manager. Had to reboot to recover. Can anyone tell me what
these Warnings mean and any suggestions to prevent them. I've check
the manual, MS web site and the Net to no avail.
Thank you for any help.
2. Forms3.0/Post-Query/update rows selected but not displayed
4. Archibus on Sybase -- db portability problem
7. LazyWriter: warning, no free buffers found.
8. Is the MS SQL server 'manageable' with SNMP ?
10. Lazywriter: WARNING, couldn't find slot 8/8, scanned 8