Has anyone had any problems with the 6.5 upgrade wizards?

Has anyone had any problems with the 6.5 upgrade wizards?

Post by Dirc Evan » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

We are due to upgrade a large number of production databases.

We've tried the wizard and it all seems to run smoothly, but past experience
tells us that this does not necessarily mean that there are no problems.

If any one has a tale to tell, we would be very grateful if you could spill
the beans!

Ta

Has anyone had any problems with the 6.5 upgrade wizards?

Post by Jerry Spive » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Dirc,

Its very good this time.  I would check out the following whitepaper for any
details http://www.microsoft.com/sql/70/whpprs/Upgrade.htm
Also, the BORK 4.5 for SQL 7 has additional information.  In addition, prior
to upgrading, I would check out the MS KB for any articles or known issues
on upgrading.

HTH

Jerry

Quote:> We are due to upgrade a large number of production databases.

> We've tried the wizard and it all seems to run smoothly, but past
experience
> tells us that this does not necessarily mean that there are no problems.

> If any one has a tale to tell, we would be very grateful if you could
spill
> the beans!

> Ta

1. help!!! having problems upgrading 6.5 to 7.0

I am going to upgrade a production site from 6.5 to 7.0. Until then, I did
some test upgrades and have been having different problems. I am using the
wizard for the upgrade. It gives me a report of a few minor problems such as
a view was not created etc. After I fix those problems, I resume with the
wizard and it still gives me the same errors. My real battle however is that
the upgrade wizard does not populate all the tables. A lot of tables are
empty and a handful of them have missing rows. I am using bcp to get around
the problem in my test upgrades, but should I even have to go there? It is
such a pain to identify the exact missing rows and then copy them over to
SQL Server 7.0. Shouldn't the wizard handle it all? What am I doing wrong?

By the way, I am using a single machine upgrade (both 6.5 and 7.0 are
installed on the same server)

Thanks in advance.
Adam

2. Yacc / Bison difficulties

3. Having "HAVING" problems with GROUP BY.

4. ActiveX job permissions

5. ESQL problem...anyone else having problems with ESQL?

6. UDL & Data Environment

7. Having problems with connecting to MS SQL 6.5

8. Windows RAD Tools

9. Having Problems with SQL SERVER 6.5 and ASP connection

10. Replication: having problems synching a 6.5 Publisher to a 7.0 Subscriber

11. Anyone having problems with SQL2000 DTS DDQs?

12. Anyone else having list server problems?

13. anyone else having this problem?