Replication Question?

Post by Patrick Altma » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:31:06

Is it possible to set up transactional replication from an Oracle 8 server
to a SQL2000 server without any third party tools?

Thanks,
Patrick Altman

Replication Question?

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:07:12

Patrick, you sure can setup transactional replication from SQL Server to
Oracle. If you want to do it the other way round, Oracle should support that
type of replication to SQL Server.
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

Quote:> Is it possible to set up transactional replication from an Oracle 8 server
> to a SQL2000 server without any third party tools?

> Thanks,
> Patrick Altman

1. Enterprise Replication - Questions on monitoring Replication

Hello all,

We have been using ER now for around 3-4 months and have found the manuals
and information supplied rather limiting.

We have two sets of two Sun Solaris boxes running replication (one set as
test, the second is live).

We have managed to set up the servers and replicates and have by trial and
(many, many) error(s) managed to stumble along so far, but we now have some
questions on monitoring and using replication.

Questions:

1.      How do we monitor what data is still unsent on a server? (How do we
know when both sides are up to date?)
                (We have been selecting bytesqued from sysmaster:syscdrq but
some tables seem to always have a bytesqued count.)
2.      How do we monitor the volume of data replicated (in rows / bytes)
for each table.
3.      We have both Primary / Target and Update anywhere replicates defined
and have taken the following approach:
-       Set conflict resolution to ignore for Primary / Target replicates
because there should not be any update conflict.
-       Set conflict to timestamp and add CRCOLS for Update anywhere
replicates.
-       When using timestamp conflict resolution the times on both servers
become critical.
4.      We have turned on both ATS and RIS spooling and check the
directories for errors, what else should / can we do to check for
replication errors.
5.      We use cdr suspend on both servers when we want to take one server
off line (for DBA or reboots etc...), we presume cdr suspend keeps the data
queued (we have tested this and it seems correct, the manual contradicts
itself in different sections). What steps should we follow when we want to
reboot a server?
6.      We limit the use of cdr stop, this is only used when we have
exclusive use of both servers (usually when we need to do DBA work on
replicated tables).
7.      What steps should we follow to remove replication between the two
servers? (especially if we want to run our cdr define server scripts again
later).
8.      How do we know that both servers are in sync (especially for proof
for the Auditors) should we add CRCOLS and timestamp conflict resolution
just so we can check the tables are identical? If yes, then I guess this
means we would have to change all Primary / Target replicates to update
anywhere. (When trying to set a P/T replicate to timestamp conflict I get
the following error from the cdr define replicate command failed -- conflict
mode for replicate not ignore  (69)).
9.      What other monitoring / error checking should we do?
10.     What standard commands are others using?

TIA and Regards,

Stephen

2. Pascal and owner names

3. replication question

4. Scheduled Task

5. Simple Replication Question

6. Integrity

7. Merge Replication Question

8. I Am Very Sorry!!!

9. Replication questions

10. quick replication question

11. Replication Question

12. Replication Question ?

13. Replication question with MSSQL Server 6.5