limit field length in BCP

Post by Kevin J. Warnk » Sun, 20 May 2001 03:53:24

I have a tab delimited file.  I want to import data into a SQL table using
BCP, but for 2 of the 3 fields, I only want the first X number of
characters.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
- Kevin

1. BCP record length limit?

I am bulk copying data from a text file into a SQL table.  It does not
return any errors and it DOES copy data in for columns 1 - 30 but NOT for 31
- 132.  The data IS in the text file though.  Hmmm.  Any thoughts?

   -**** Posted from remarQ, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.remarq.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet

2. Any database engines callable from borland C++?

3. is there a limit on bcp file length?

4. Using Indexes on Large Tables.

5. BCP parameter length limit

6. FileMaker Developer Needed

7. DTS Fixed field length limited to 4096

8. TEXT field's length limit in PostgreSQL

9. DBGrid HELP : Field Length limited ????

10. Limited field-lengths in LOV's and Record Groups

11. strange field length limit 257 in sqlldr

12. DBLOAD field length limit??