SQL 7.0 on Windows XP Pro

Post by Wardo » Tue, 09 Apr 2002 11:50:15

Hi,

Does anyone know whether SQL 7.0 is suitable to run on
Windows XP Pro. Please advice, Thanks!

Wardon

SQL 7.0 on Windows XP Pro

Post by Erika Christens » Tue, 09 Apr 2002 17:41:24

Hi Wardon,

SQL Server 7.0 Desktop Edition will run on Windows XP professional. Before
installing, please verify that at least the Named Pipes net library on the
machine is enabled. To do this navigate in to your  %systemroot%\system32
directory and double-click cliconfg.exe. On the general tab make sure Named
Pipes is listed as enabled.

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

--------------------

Subject: SQL 7.0 on Windows XP Pro
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 19:50:15 -0700

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup

Hi,

Does anyone know whether SQL 7.0 is suitable to run on
Windows XP Pro. Please advice, Thanks!

Wardon

SQL 7.0 on Windows XP Pro

Post by Roger Siipso » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:04:46

Will SQL Server 2000 Desktop Edition work on Windows XP Pro????

Roger Sipson

1. Installing SQL Server 7.0 desktop version on Windows XP Pro

If I install it by selecting 'Use the Local System
Account' it works.

If I install it by selecting 'Use a Domain User Account'
I get the following error....
The login account cannot be validated for the SQL Server
Service. Verify that the user name and password entered
are correct.' I am typing in the correct name and
password but I can't get past the error message.

I want to use the DTS from another SQL Server 7
installation to this SQL server. I understand to do that
I need to install it using a Domain User Account. Is this
true?

2. Opus and Blobs, hangs my computer

3. Setting up SQL server 7.0 in Windows XP Pro

4. crosstab to a table with paradox7

5. Windows XP Pro and Filemaker Pro 5.5

6. DTS ODBC Problem - Viewing Transformation Properties

7. Windows 2000 Pro and XP Pro

8. MS SQL Server 7.0 and Win XP Pro?

9. SQL Server 7.0 on XP Pro

10. sql server 7.0 on XP Pro