help pls.

Post by Edwin Ma » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I need a very quick method to Export a specify range of records to an
external DBase file or even a Execel ... file ??? does SQL has any internal
command that can export to other format ???

I know i can export to a txt file with bcp .. but , i need is execel or
DBase .. and I have no experenece to convert txt to excel in VBA .. so....
pls. help me

Ediwn

help pls.

Post by Tobias Thernstr? » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

If you are using SQL 7 you can use DTS to export the data to just about
anything...

Hope this helps !
---
Tobias Thernstr?m
MCSE, MCT
Digitask Sweden AB

Quote:> I need a very quick method to Export a specify range of records to an
> external DBase file or even a Execel ... file ??? does SQL has any
internal
> command that can export to other format ???

> I know i can export to a txt file with bcp .. but , i need is execel or
> DBase .. and I have no experenece to convert txt to excel in VBA .. so....
> pls. help me

> Ediwn

help pls.

Post by Edwin Ma » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for your response .. But I need to integrate it into my program ...
and DTS cant export the specify range of records , right? we need to export
our daily status to another company in excel format....

Edwin

Quote:> If you are using SQL 7 you can use DTS to export the data to just about
> anything...

> Hope this helps !
> ---
> Tobias Thernstr?m
> MCSE, MCT
> Digitask Sweden AB

help pls.

Post by s.. » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>I need a very quick method to Export a specify range of records to an
>external DBase file or even a Execel ... file ??? does SQL has any
>internal command that can export to other format ???
and later
> Thanks for your response .. But I need to integrate it into my program
> and DTS cant export the specify range of records , right? we need to
> export our daily status to another company in excel format....

two ideas that may help either export in your program to a text file BUT
give the file an .XLS extension then it will be opened up directly in
Excel and can be then saved as an Excel etc
or
create a view of the data you wish to output and get DTS to output the
view to your desired format.

Steve

1. Help pls, Give me some hints pls

I m a new user of VB. Would any help me or give me some hints about my
project!!
The project description as below:
A manager of a small fast food shop want to have a point-of-sales
program that can keep track of how many items sold and the amount
received. The shop has the following offers:
Soups: beef,portk,mushroom
Sandwiches: chicken,egg,ham
Drinks: cola,soda,beer
The manager wants to have a simple push button interface that has one
button corresponding to one kind of food. To place an order of three
corn soups, the operator needs to press the button three times. A
[Submit] button completes the order and prints a receipt that show the
details of the order with the total amount charged. In addition, a
record of the transaction amount shall be written to a log while records
of the items sold shall be written to another log. A [Cancel] button
shall abort the order and clear the items of the current order.
An Access databse named as [pos.mdb] contains three tables :
{items},{transamt},and {sold}.
The {items} contains details of the items. An {id} field is the key for
the item. A {desc} is the name of the item. An {uprice} is the unit
price for the item.
The {transamt} contains the amount for each order. An {id} field is the
key for the transaction that make up by the date and the order number of
the date. The format of it is yyyymmddnnnn. The {amt} is the amount for
the order.
The {sold} contains the items sold for each other. An {tranid} field is
the same key as in the {transamt}. An {id} is as the {id} field in the
{items}. The {ounits} is the number of units ordered.

email me pls

2. OCX for updatable Cross Tab

3. php4.0.4 & unixODBX & DB2 v7.1 => SQL state 01S02 in SQLExecDirect

4. Give me some hints pls, Help pls

5. D3/LINUX Frame Size help?

6. Accesing a secure DB....HELP HELP PLS

7. WordWrap

8. GetOvelappedResult -- Connection broken - err msg( HELP pls)

9. Table design - Need Help pls.

10. Help pls: Insert into .... select ****

11. Strange query ...help pls.

12. Trigger help...pls