WebHosting MSSQL Help!

Post by Felix Leun » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

MSSQL is another chooice for client to use in
my web hosting site. I have experience on installing
, developing, implementing, and supporting SQL server,
but I have no idea what minimum access to give to
my clients to let them have to ability to manage the
SQL database. What I am thinking about the step to
do so is:
1.) Create database named ex.ABC from hosting side.
2.) Assign the NT account attached to it, let say Ken and Sean.
3.) Give the permission to both of them have database owner.
4.) Give the IP address of my SQL Server to them.
5.) Then they use their SQL server software to connect to my
SQL server using the provided IP.
6.) Setting up the ODBC
7.) Done.
Is it this is the perfect method of doing SQL hosting?
Please Correct me if I am wrong, please.

--
Felix Leung
Intelliweb Internet Consultant Co.

1. WebHosting MSSQL, Help!

[...]

2. How to do this query? outer join?

3. WebHosting MSSQL Help!

4. MySQL file system

5. Transformation of datas from Access to SQL7?

6. WebHosting HELP!

7. Configuring NT users/groups to connect to the SQL through the SMS administrator.

8. WebHosting HELP

9. Webhosting ISP in Northern Cal?

10. Get 100% Free domain and Webhosting !!