How to import data from web site

Post by Nikola Mili » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:28:51

Hi,
What is the easiest way to import table from Home page at
http://www.pokerpulse.com/ into my database?

I'm using SS2000 Enterprise edition SP3 on Win2000 Advanced Server SP3

Thanks in advance
Nikola Milic

How to import data from web site

Post by Dean Savovi » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:00:14

Implement your web page as web servise so you can send your data request in
xml format. Web page returns a datataset in XML which is easily stored in
database.

Or, if that web page is not under your code control, then develop a parser
that will interpret web page structure and content.

--
Dean Savovic
www.teched.hr

Quote:> Hi,
> What is the easiest way to import table from Home page at
> http://www.pokerpulse.com/ into my database?

> I'm using SS2000 Enterprise edition SP3 on Win2000 Advanced Server SP3

> Thanks in advance
> Nikola Milic

How to import data from web site

Post by Nikola Mili » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:17:24

Thanks for quick response,
I cannot change page, it is not at my site. I want to "steal" data from
there.

Text parser is obvious solution, but I don't want to waste my time with it.
Also, page can be changed in future, and it will cause changes in parser.

Thanks again
Nikola

> Implement your web page as web servise so you can send your data request
in
> xml format. Web page returns a datataset in XML which is easily stored in
> database.

> Or, if that web page is not under your code control, then develop a parser
> that will interpret web page structure and content.

> --
> Dean Savovic
> www.teched.hr

> > Hi,
> > What is the easiest way to import table from Home page at
> > http://www.pokerpulse.com/ into my database?

> > I'm using SS2000 Enterprise edition SP3 on Win2000 Advanced Server SP3

> > Thanks in advance
> > Nikola Milic

How to import data from web site

Post by Dean Savovi » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:47:10

In that case you will have to waste time to develop a parser.

Nema na cemu.

--
Dean Savovic
www.teched.hr

> Thanks for quick response,
> I cannot change page, it is not at my site. I want to "steal" data from
> there.

> Text parser is obvious solution, but I don't want to waste my time with
it.
> Also, page can be changed in future, and it will cause changes in parser.

> Thanks again
> Nikola

> > Implement your web page as web servise so you can send your data request
> in
> > xml format. Web page returns a datataset in XML which is easily stored
in
> > database.

> > Or, if that web page is not under your code control, then develop a
parser
> > that will interpret web page structure and content.

> > --
> > Dean Savovic
> > www.teched.hr

> > > Hi,
> > > What is the easiest way to import table from Home page at
> > > http://www.pokerpulse.com/ into my database?

> > > I'm using SS2000 Enterprise edition SP3 on Win2000 Advanced Server SP3

> > > Thanks in advance
> > > Nikola Milic

How to import data from web site

Post by Nikola Mili » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:36:34

Maybe not,
There is DTS import task from HTML. Also, Excel has import procedure named
Web Query. Both of them need a lot of adjustment, but maybe they will work.

Hvala na pomoci
Nikola

> In that case you will have to waste time to develop a parser.

> Nema na cemu.

> --
> Dean Savovic
> www.teched.hr

> > Thanks for quick response,
> > I cannot change page, it is not at my site. I want to "steal" data from
> > there.

> > Text parser is obvious solution, but I don't want to waste my time with
> it.
> > Also, page can be changed in future, and it will cause changes in
parser.

> > Thanks again
> > Nikola

> > > Implement your web page as web servise so you can send your data
request
> > in
> > > xml format. Web page returns a datataset in XML which is easily stored
> in
> > > database.

> > > Or, if that web page is not under your code control, then develop a
> parser
> > > that will interpret web page structure and content.

> > > --
> > > Dean Savovic
> > > www.teched.hr

SP3

1. Web: Newbie question regarding importing form data from web into FM Pro 5.0

Is it possible to have a customer's info imported directly into a FM Pro 5
DB from a Web order form.  Here's the sequence:  customers will enter info
on a secure server, credit card will be processed via real time through a
payment gateway, then (ideally) the customer's record will be
automatically sent back to us and imported directly into our FM Database.
Is this possible to do without having to get the form data from an e-mail
file, then convert it before importing into FM?  I use a Mac with FM Pro
5.

Thanks,

Gary

2. Importing text from Text file- Help needed

3. Importing web site

4. ontape

5. Help! Importing data from external sites using DTS

6. DSS & References

7. importing data from Access 97 databases in remote sites

8. Web Site, News Group, FTP Site Ratings!!!

9. table data /good web site

10. table data / web site

11. SQL data to web site, how?