DTS export to a flat file with float columns causes crash (SQL2000 - SP3)

DTS export to a flat file with float columns causes crash (SQL2000 - SP3)

Post by Szomraky Stef » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:48:02

Hiya!

I am trying to export a table from a SQL 2000 Server (SP3) (with 3
integer and 250 float columns) to a flat CSV file.

I am using the graphical DTS package designer in the Enterprise
Manager. I insert the SQLDB connection, the flat file, and the Data
Transformation (DataPump).

I choose the source Table, want to set the destination options, get a
list with the column names, klick on EXECUTE to add them, and NADA.

Wenn I click on "define columns" the Enterprise manager crashes.

This means that I can't define transformations!!!

The same thing on a table with varchar, etc. columns works perfectly.
I got it even running on a SQL 2000 server with SP2.

Hope you know what my prob is... HELP

DTS export to a flat file with float columns causes crash (SQL2000 - SP3)

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:26:49

See if this helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814113

--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

Quote:> Hiya!

> I am trying to export a table from a SQL 2000 Server (SP3) (with 3
> integer and 250 float columns) to a flat CSV file.

> I am using the graphical DTS package designer in the Enterprise
> Manager. I insert the SQLDB connection, the flat file, and the Data
> Transformation (DataPump).

> I choose the source Table, want to set the destination options, get a
> list with the column names, klick on EXECUTE to add them, and NADA.

> Wenn I click on "define columns" the Enterprise manager crashes.

> This means that I can't define transformations!!!

> The same thing on a table with varchar, etc. columns works perfectly.
> I got it even running on a SQL 2000 server with SP2.

> Hope you know what my prob is... HELP

1. create flat file export with dts, different column lengths

Hi

I need to create a fixed length text file with no delimeters. certain rows of the export have different specifications ie:

each row will always be 320 char

row 1 will be have the first column will be 10 char, the second 30 char etc.

row 2 will have the first column of 5 char and the second row 50 char etc

how can i create  an output file with different fixed length columns for each row?

2. Ok to announce products here?

3. Accessing Flat files through DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

4. Problems with ole-db connection

5. Urgent : DTS exporting to a Flat file

6. Xtrieve and Y2K

7. Problem with DTS export to flat file

8. ORA-04031: error ..how to solve this ??

9. DTS to text file crashed after apply SP3

10. dual sql2000 and 6.5 installation on windows2000 causes HARD lockup/crash

11. Importing a Text File via DTS and adding the File Name as a column via DTS

12. DTS trouble with SQL2000 SP3

13. as2k causing DTS to crash.. help