Invalid Procedure Call or Argument

Post by David Spence » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

When I try to update my date base using "Add-in", "Linked Table
Manager", I get the error message "Invalid Procedure Call or Argument".
Can anyone tell me what this means and how do I correct it?  Thank you
in advance.

David Spencer

Invalid Procedure Call or Argument

Post by Greg Druia » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I'm not clear about what you're asking.  The Linked Table Manager (in
Access) controls or refreshes your ODBC connection to SQL Server
databases.  Common sources of errors using the Linked Table Manager are:
you have a table showing in Access as a linked table, but the table has
been DROPped  on the SQL Server; your login does not have permission to a
table to which it is trying to link.

> When I try to update my date base using "Add-in", "Linked Table
> Manager", I get the error message "Invalid Procedure Call or Argument".
> Can anyone tell me what this means and how do I correct it?  Thank you
> in advance.

> David Spencer

1. Invalid procedure call or argument "DTSDestination"

Hey Guys,

I am trying to dynamically define the transformations of a data pump task
with pre-constructed activex script files.

For ex, if file name = xxx.txt then the transformation file = xxx_script.txt

I am doing this because files I loop through all have different structures.
Hence the dynamic transformations.

However, the activex script engine keeps throwing the error - Invalid
procedure call or argument "DTSDestination".

I look at the transformations, everything looks perfect. The right file was
loaded, all columns are mapped properly and the syntax is fine as well.

What is this error and what is happening?

Thanks,
Karthik.

2. Help for Importing of Memo Data

3. Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument

4. Blind Vigilantes

5. Invalid Procedure Call or Argument

6. Error 4318

7. Invalid procedure call or argument MS Access on Win95

8. Degenerate Dimension

9. Invalid argument or procedure call (run-time error 5)

10. Run-Time Error '5' Invalid Procedure Call or Argument

11. invalid arguments in call

12. Invalid argument(s) in call: setRowBufferAt

13. Calling Stored-Procedures having string-arguments with ODBC