Linked Server to Excel

Post by Jakub Nova » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 20:36:27

Hi,

I try to link Excel sheet as a linked server to SQL Server 2k.
it works fine, but my problem is, that the Excel sheet contains text data
with czech language characters.
And when I try to view the data from the linked server, the czech characters
are shown incorectly.

How can I set the Linked server to show the czech characters correctly?

thanks for help
Jakub

1. Link Server And Excel 5.0 - Please HELP !

Hello,

 I'm trying to access dome data from Excel using
a linked server in SQL 7.0. Works fine until it
finds a column that has many empty cells in the
first rows. Well, the problem is that SQL returns
this column as VarChar and null values on it.

I have found a workaround:
 To receive corect information in SQl Server I
have to put a zero value on that column in one of
the first nine rows.
For example:
 I have a currency column that has data only
after the 50th column and SQL returns it as
varchar and all the values are null. If I put a
$0.0 value in one of the first 9 rows SQL returns
corect data.

Can someone tell me if there is some seting or
what should I do to receive corect data without
modifing the Excel file.

Please people ... I realy need this!
Any sugestion is welcome!

Thank you,
Pavel

PS: Please excuse my english.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. ConnectionPoolDataSource Exception Problem! Help,please!!

3. Linked Server to Excel

4. 2nd Index upsets changes order of 1st clustered index

5. Linked servers to Excel stop working

6. SP4

7. link to server and link to excel.........*****

8. graphics and text

9. Problem adding a linked server of type Excel

10. Excel/SQL Server 7.0 links

11. Excel as Linked Server

12. Need for help about Excel linked server