Debugging

Post by S. Sturgi » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 07:31:07

Is there anyway to step through a stored procedure or do I have to create
debug variables and PRINT them in strategic places within the code?
Thanks,
Steve Sturgis

Debugging

Post by oj » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 07:36:04

if you're on sql2k, qa has debug capability.

-oj

> Is there anyway to step through a stored procedure or do I have to create
> debug variables and PRINT them in strategic places within the code?
> Thanks,
> Steve Sturgis

Debugging

Post by S. Sturgi » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 07:40:23

I'm using SQL Version 7.

> if you're on sql2k, qa has debug capability.

> -oj

> > Is there anyway to step through a stored procedure or do I have to
create
> > debug variables and PRINT them in strategic places within the code?
> > Thanks,
> > Steve Sturgis

Debugging

Post by oj » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 07:44:56

well, you can use the de* of visual studio or third party's... of
course, the 'print' method you've have said.

-oj

> I'm using SQL Version 7.

> > if you're on sql2k, qa has debug capability.

> > -oj

> > > Is there anyway to step through a stored procedure or do I have to
> create
> > > debug variables and PRINT them in strategic places within the code?
> > > Thanks,
> > > Steve Sturgis

Debugging

Post by Hirantha S. Hettiarachch » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 07:57:09

If you have Visual Studio, you can use VB's T-SQL De*. which has almost
the same functionality as sql2k de*.

--
hth
Hirantha S Hettiarachchi MCSD,MCDBA

> I'm using SQL Version 7.

> > if you're on sql2k, qa has debug capability.

> > -oj

> > > Is there anyway to step through a stored procedure or do I have to
> create
> > > debug variables and PRINT them in strategic places within the code?
> > > Thanks,
> > > Steve Sturgis

Debugging

Post by S. Sturgi » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:14:15

How do I get the VB T-SQL De* to show up in my Add-In Manager List?
Thanks,
Steve

> If you have Visual Studio, you can use VB's T-SQL De*. which has
almost
> the same functionality as sql2k de*.

> --
> hth
> Hirantha S Hettiarachchi MCSD,MCDBA
> Please reply only to the newsgroups.
> When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc.) which
> can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated.

> > I'm using SQL Version 7.

> > > if you're on sql2k, qa has debug capability.

> > > -oj

> > create

Debugging

Post by Hirantha S. Hettiarachch » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:32:33

I hope these would help.
http://www.veryComputer.com/*.htm ( this says about vb 5.0
and sql 6.5. setup. its almost same for vb 6.0)
http://www.veryComputer.com/

--
hth
Hirantha S Hettiarachchi MCSD,MCDBA
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

> How do I get the VB T-SQL De* to show up in my Add-In Manager List?
> Thanks,
> Steve

> > If you have Visual Studio, you can use VB's T-SQL De*. which has
> almost
> > the same functionality as sql2k de*.

> > --
> > hth
> > Hirantha S Hettiarachchi MCSD,MCDBA
> > Please reply only to the newsgroups.
> > When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc.)
which
> > can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated.

> > > I'm using SQL Version 7.

> > > create

Debugging

Post by S. Sturgi » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:45:58

Thank you. They are of help except that I have the Professional Edition of
VB and not the Enterprise Edition which is the edition that includes TSQL
De*. Now I know what I need to get.
Thanks,
Steve Sturgis

> I hope these would help.
> http://www.veryComputer.com/*.htm ( this says about vb 5.0
> and sql 6.5. setup. its almost same for vb 6.0)
> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> --
> hth
> Hirantha S Hettiarachchi MCSD,MCDBA
> Please reply only to the newsgroups.
> When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc.) which
> can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated.

> > How do I get the VB T-SQL De* to show up in my Add-In Manager List?
> > Thanks,
> > Steve

message

> > > If you have Visual Studio, you can use VB's T-SQL De*. which has
> > almost
> > > the same functionality as sql2k de*.

> > > --
> > > hth
> > > Hirantha S Hettiarachchi MCSD,MCDBA
> > > Please reply only to the newsgroups.
> > > When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc.)
> which
> > > can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated.

> code?

Debugging

Post by Hirantha S. Hettiarachch » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 23:30:36

Comes with Enterprise Edition.
http://www.veryComputer.com/

--
hth
Hirantha S Hettiarachchi MCSD,MCDBA
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

> Thank you. They are of help except that I have the Professional Edition of
> VB and not the Enterprise Edition which is the edition that includes TSQL
> De*. Now I know what I need to get.
> Thanks,
> Steve Sturgis

> > I hope these would help.
> > http://www.veryComputer.com/*.htm ( this says about vb
5.0
> > and sql 6.5. setup. its almost same for vb 6.0)
> > http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > --
> > hth
> > Hirantha S Hettiarachchi MCSD,MCDBA
> > Please reply only to the newsgroups.
> > When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc.)
which
> > can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated.

> > > How do I get the VB T-SQL De* to show up in my Add-In Manager
List?
> > > Thanks,
> > > Steve

> message

> > > almost

> > which

> > code?

1. Can you debug a SP from a VB debug session

Hi,
Is there a way to go into debug mode for a stored procedure from a VB
session in debug mode that calls that procedure through ADO?  I looked at
the add in with VB6 but it just seems like the debugger available through
Query Analyzer.  I would like to go right into debug mode for the Stored
Proc when I'm stepping through the VB code.
    Thanks in advance for any help,
            Wayne Antinore

2. Replication Error 15004: name cannot be NULL.

3. CO-Denver Area-252773--ORACLE-C-C++-Java-DBA Skills-Debugging-Oracle, C, C++, Java, DBA, debugging skills, various oracle support platfor

4. Pictures from AS400 databse

5. How I set SQL Debug?

6. data models in paradox 5.0 windows

7. Need generic advice on debugging stored procedure

8. Table dependencies synchronization

9. Debugging problem SQL 7.0 DCOM

10. Debug tool for Stored Procedures

11. Debugging DTS Packages - Progress Made...

12. Debugging SP

13. Debugging Stored Procedures