Replication fails when replication a specific table

Replication fails when replication a specific table

Post by Santhosh Krishnankutt » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi

Iam trying to replicate from one sql server to another sql server. I have
about 25 tables to replicate. Everything is getting replicated except one.
If I include this table in the subscription list, First I will get an error
"SQL Server connection timed out.". Then  in the next retry it will give
error "Attempt to insert duplicate key row in object 'tblTEMain2' with
unique index 'PK__tblUsers__0662F0A3'Failed while bulk copying into
'tblUsers'."

When I check  this replicated table tblUsers, all the records are copied
from source db to destination db. There is a primary key  for this table.

Can anyone tell me what is going wrong here?

rgds
Santhosh

Replication fails when replication a specific table

Post by Tony Rogerso » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

It's trying to synchronise the table with first removing the existing
records thereby getting your duplicate keys - bcp the existing records out
as a backup and then remove them,.

--
Tony Rogerson MCP, SQL Server MVP
Torver Computer Consultants Ltd.

www.sql-server.co.uk [Code/Examples library + Neil Pike's FAQ]

Quote:> Hi

> Iam trying to replicate from one sql server to another sql server. I have
> about 25 tables to replicate. Everything is getting replicated except one.
> If I include this table in the subscription list, First I will get an
error
> "SQL Server connection timed out.". Then  in the next retry it will give
> error "Attempt to insert duplicate key row in object 'tblTEMain2' with
> unique index 'PK__tblUsers__0662F0A3'Failed while bulk copying into
> 'tblUsers'."

> When I check  this replicated table tblUsers, all the records are copied
> from source db to destination db. There is a primary key  for this table.

> Can anyone tell me what is going wrong here?

> rgds
> Santhosh

1. Replication: specific ?s on failed transmissions

I'm looking into a possibility of setting up multi master and multi slave
(is there such thing as multi slave?) databases all running 8.1.7 on Sun
Solaris 2.6. I couldn't locate any info on where server stores info about
transactions that didn't make it for targets that were down (would that be
some tables created by catrep*.sql scripts (REPCAT$_) and how it re-submits
failed ones. I guess for LOG based replication it would be in the archived
redo logs, but what about snapshot based?

Also, what are the limits on # of masters and/or slaves?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks, Alex

2. Count of concurrent users, max concurrent users, more...

3. Replication fails over a VPN (Merge Replication)

4. 23457-NC-RALEIGH/DURHAM-ORACLE-Oracle DBA

5. send specific oracle 8i table data to specific sql server 2000 table at specific times

6. Moving database to separate dbspace

7. transactional replication adding replication guid to table

8. SQL Server 2000 Encryption

9. Creation of tempory table during merge replication fails

10. Snapshot replication fails - unable to drop table due to foreign key constraint

11. dropped table column causes sp_addmergearticle to fail with replication

12. Merge replication - download fails for insert in 1 table

13. 400 column table-transactional replication fails