ADO Connect Problem in Windows 2000 Operating System

ADO Connect Problem in Windows 2000 Operating System

Post by Lillian Victo » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 05:50:36

I am having the same problem trying to connect to a SQL 7 database using the
ADO connect string on a PC with a Windows 2000 Operating System.  I can access
the database using Query Analyzer and I have a successful connection when I test
the connection in ODBC.  I receive the same error Dimitri Vayenas described.

We are using a Visual Basic front-end version 6.0.   Our ADO is version 2.1 with
service pack 2.