Memory leak in SQL Server 6.5

Post by Toni Eibne » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

 I think I have a memory leak on my SQL Server 6.5 server sp5a NT4.0
sp4.
Does anyone have any  suggestions on how to begin troubleshooting this
issue to find out where  it is?  I would appreciate any help.

The way I've been monitoring this situation thus far is using 'Task
Manager' in
NT and monitoring the available memory and cache as well as threads
while also
watching the memory usage of the different processes with the
'Processes' tab.
From this, it LOOKS like SQLServer could be the problem...

If I were to use perfmon to monitor the situation, what counters would
be best
to pull up?
Thank you!  I appreciate any advice you can offer.
Toni Eibner

1. Memory leak in SQL Server 6.5?

I am running a Dell 2200 with one 266 MHz Pentium II, 256 MB RAM,
three 9 GB SCSI drives in a RAID 5 configuration.  This machine has
SQL Server 6.5 and Cheyenne's ARCserve 6.1 for NT running on it
(in addition to the normal services and the RAS).

The machine reboots itself every 7-10 days, claiming that the
virtual memory setting is too low.  VM has been set to 256 MB minimum
and 512 MB maximum since it was bought in August, 1997.

Has anyone come across memory leaks in SQL Server that would
account for the machine's behavior.  Any info would be appreciated.

TIA,
Stephen Bradley

2. Informix 4GL Programmers needed in New Haven, CT

3. Memory Leak with SQL server 6.5??

4. Help needed desperately from SQL guru

5. Huge memory leak in SQL Server 6.5???

6. Painful deletes

7. UK query - Delphi3 - NT4-Memory leak on SQL Query to SQL/server 6.5

8. NJ-Somerset-93723--C-C++-Client/Server-GUPTA SQL WINDOWS-MS Office-NCR-ORACLE-Pr

9. SQL Server 6.5 Memory leak

10. SQL 6.5 - Server virtual memory leak - any ideas?

11. SQL Server 6.5 memory leak problem

12. SQL Workstation 6.5 and Memory Leak