run time error type mismatch 13

Post by Nir Azula » Tue, 31 Dec 2002 21:27:48

can some one tell me why i'm geting this error?
all i do is trying to clone cube.
please.

Private Sub cmdCopyCube_Click()
    Dim dsoServer As New DSO.Server
    Dim dsoDB As DSO.MDStore
    Dim dsoCube As DSO.MDStore
    Dim dsoCubeCopy As New DSO.MDStore

    dsoServer.Connect "LocalHost"
    Set dsoDB = dsoServer.MDStores("TestCopy")

    Set dsoCube = dsoDB.MDStores(1)

    dsoCube.Clone dsoCubeCopy, cloneMinorChildren
    dsoCubeCopy.Name = "Copy of " & dsoCubeCopy.Name
    dsoCubeCopy.Update

End Sub

run time error type mismatch 13

Post by Anne Zorn » Thu, 02 Jan 2003 00:34:14

Hi Nir

You need to create a new holder for the clone firts. It works for me if I
do the following:

Set dsoCube = dsoDB.MDStores(1)
Set dsoCubeCopy = dsoDB.MDStores.ADDNew("new copy cube")
dsoCube.Clone dsoCubeCopy, cloneMinorChildren

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Regards,
Anne