Using Performance Monitor for SQL Server 7.0

Using Performance Monitor for SQL Server 7.0

Post by MIS Manage » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:13:11

Hello,

I have SQL Server 7.0 installed on 2 NT 4.0 servers w/SP5.   I want to use
Performance Monitor to check SQL Server.  The problem is that the SQL Server
objects for SQL Server do not show up in PM for my production server. Can
anyone tell me shy and how to resolve this?

TIA
MIS Manager

Using Performance Monitor for SQL Server 7.0

Post by yan wang [M » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:45:56

Hi,
Please check out if the file 'mssql7\binn\Sqlctrs.pmc ' exists .
When Windows NT Performance Monitor is initially started, it starts
monitoring the SQL Server objects and counters found in the Sqlctrs.pmc
file. By default, the Sqlctrs.pmc file contains a subset of the available
SQL Server counters. SQL Server (and Windows NT) counters can be added or
removed from the file as necessary. By adding or removing counters to the
chart and saving the chart settings to the Sqlctrs.pmc file, you can change
the default objects and counters monitored when Windows NT Performance
Monitor is initially started. When Windows NT Performance Monitor is next
started, the new settings take effect.

Regards,
Yan
***This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
rights.*****